Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trolling Question  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Ok..over the opener weekend I plan to hit some shallow areas. In the dead of the night when all is quiet I would rather use my trolling motor if need be and slowly work these areas while casting. I see a lot of guys trolling these areas. Do you not think that this sppoks the fish? Have you had success doing this and if so how far behind the boat are you fishing?

Thanks! ;)

Offline marble eye

• Minnow
It's not so much how far behind the boat as it is getting your bait away from the boat. Planner boards work great for this. The fish will part from the boat but not leave the area. Trolling motor is still a good idea. Good luck and post when you get back. ::fishing::

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Planner boards in 5 feet of water? I've never used planner boards and don't have any. Maybe I'll just use my stealth approach ;D

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
We always throw Rattle Traps out in this scenario, shallow water, trolling motor on or off and cast a Rattle Trap around, works well around opener time on Mille Lacs.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"