Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: wild game feast  (Read 4778 times)

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
Hey everybody I know I'm kinda new here and maybe its been talked about before. What do you think about a MNO game feast after hunting season this year?Between all of us we hunt just about everthing. What a feast we could have! Sorry to say I have the idea but not the space at my place to have it, so somebody would have to volunteer  their  place. I know how hard it can be to get people together but I for one think if we start a plan now, we could do it.    WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
just some thoughts--

after hunting season means winter, which also would mean indoors, leaving us with limmited options.
however, if we did this in the spring or summer we could do it at almost any location.
that would leave us eating nearly a half or more year old game though.
i have seen these done at gun clubs, vfw's bars etc. but maybe we could rent a town hall or something.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be a good way for some of us who are the only wild game eaters in the familly to get rid of last falls and this winters game.

I have several Pheasants from the winter out at the game farm, several ducks and geese from last fall and a little bit of venison from last year to cook up before the new seasons start.

Maybe have it as soon as we can, like early Augaust???

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
Benny not a bad idea but this time of year some of us are running short  or may be out !  But if you are having freezer space problems toss a goose this way  ;D

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
 I usually go to a couple of these a yr. It is a good idea and always fun. Another wouldn't hurt me a bit. Yea jigs the meat is about 1/2yr old and that is why people have these things is to get rid of meat that the rest of the family don't care for. Myself will take venison over beef in a heart beat, but some don't care for it.

I normally don't have much to bring to these things but sometimes bring a couple turles or something. What I do like about it is a person gets a chance to try things that they never may get them selves.

Last one I was to was only 25 people or so but we had dove, pheasant, duck, goose, turkey, turtle, fish, rabbit, grouse, venison, moose, bear and antelope. I was really surprised that no one had elk. ??? Needless to say there were tons of left overs. ;D
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
What we could do is next spring all get together at a Preserve and do a morning pheasant hunt and then a cook out for lunch.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I can get Rock Creek to let us do one.
Al and Val would love to have a group deal and get in on the tasty vidals.They always have venison chilli going up there in the winter.

Benny

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I was up there for the first time last winter. We hunted a nice field north of the school house. We shot all our birds plus one. Seemed like a nice place. Val sure was friendly.

I like the idea of having it in the spring/summer. Having a feast like this would be better at a public park. I think it would be more of a family friendly location.

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a park along the Mississippi just south of 694 on east river road.It is across from the old FMC building.

I think it is a free park and centeraly located.

Benny

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
So far its looking good some of us are interested. I know it a long way off but as of now were looking at a park or this Rock creek.    so the ? is do you guys want to shoot or have it be a family day.  If it is going to be at a park though it should be a park where we can rent an area. Ive learned the hard way before no rent no room! First come first serve stinks after 6+mo of waiting for something.

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I think it would be good to include the family.? It would be nice to get the rest of the family involved in some events for MNO, it also makes it easier to get permission from the wife when we want to go to the next "boys outing" for MNO when it comes up.? Maybe a nice lake where we could catch some panfish with the kids, let the kids get to know each other and play, have some good "eats", and whoever wants to camp will be able to do so.?

Just an idea, I'm open for anything.... ;D
« Last Edit: July 07/20/06, 02:14:17 AM by Leech Angler »