Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Computer is slow  (Read 3837 times)

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
My computer seems really ??? slow or doesn't even load on this site. Any body else experiencing this?
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? for the last 3 days ! i have been haveing the same returning problems . comp is either slow on the start up going into MNO, or from going to chat to home and back to chat ? it will either boot me off , or lock up so tight that i have to shut down the complete system before i can re log into MNO ? !    ? DONTUNDER STAND THIS AS IT ONLY SEEMS TO BE WHEN IM LOGING ONTO MNO ?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??? woodchuck  ???
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline PUTZ

• Outdoorsman
Ol PUTZ hasn it figured out , with all the hot weather everyone is inside on keyboard just A tapping away and plugging up the websites and making everything slowwwwwwwwww  even A lot of the websites are having trouble with servers going down so just wait for it to cool down and all will be well.
So sit back , have A beer and by November all will be OK.
PUTZ
Lets talk this out over A campfire.
And A cool Miller lite.

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm kinda thinking ole Putz is the IBOT geek squad ::cheers::
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Same here. I was told it was from the DNR feed.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
I have been experiencing the same things here, but it seems like it is only on MNO from what I have noticed but I haven't been on too many other sites this week to be honest...too busy. I have Charter 3M High Speed internet.
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design

Where did you hear that?  I noticed it was kind of slow going into the forums yesterday.  I was just assuming that the server was bogged down.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128

Where did you hear that?  I noticed it was kind of slow going into the forums yesterday.  I was just assuming that the server was bogged down.

Spinach had said something that he thought it was the DNR feed from their site boggin us down so he recommended to people with dial up to minimize that part of the MNO site on their computers.

He must have (or someone else) taken it off MNO as I have not had the DNR stuff show up on my MNO homepage for a little while now, and i have no + or - to maximize or minimize it that I can see now.
« Last Edit: July 07/25/07, 11:41:38 PM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
it is still there... not sure what you are seeing.  the dnr feed will not cause the hime page to be slow, that section just wouldn't come up right away if there was a problem with it.  and like hedrocks said, I noticed the forums a little slow the past few days, but I attributed that to server being bogged.

p.s., we should probably do a forum database backup.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried connecting last night more then once and got the can not connect every time today it is much better so hoping the problem is fixed..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
it is still there... not sure what you are seeing.  the dnr feed will not cause the hime page to be slow, that section just wouldn't come up right away if there was a problem with it.  and like hedrocks said, I noticed the forums a little slow the past few days, but I attributed that to server being bogged.

p.s., we should probably do a forum database backup.

BFG, I see the main boxed area where it says MN DNR News but there is nothing underneath it except the picture of all the animals with the MNO theme verse inside it. There is no + or - to maximize or minimize anything there. Not sure if I changed something in my profile or what the deal is, I will go in and check it out later on.  ;)
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm seeing the same thing here O.R
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ???  puters still slow ! but the front page has a full spread and nothing seems to be missing ?
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141