Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: left eye dominant  (Read 4722 times)

Offline outdoorfamilyof6

• Outdoorsman
  • My FIRST duck!!
I found out, too late of course, that I am left eye dominant.  I have a right hand bow and i cant use my peep sight.  So I took it off.  I can shoot OK without it.  I want to shoot GREAT!!  When I practice, my arrows are to the top.  I dont know how to change my pins to make it go down.  I can shoot without using that but then I play with the deer. LOL Then after I shoot at her 3 times, she stays on the trail laughing at me as I climb down and TRY to find my arrows! LOL 

Can you help?  Do I raise or lower that pin?  I tried to do both and was getting the same results. THANKS!!!
Harmony- WITO member

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Aren't you near Mn Archery? Maybe you should just head in there and i'm sure they can help you out.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Chase your arrows...If your shooting high move your sights up. If your shooting left move you sight left...If your shooting low, thats correct, you move your sight down...You get the idea.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline outdoorfamilyof6

• Outdoorsman
  • My FIRST duck!!
Aren't you near Mn Archery? Maybe you should just head in there and i'm sure they can help you out.

Yes I am about 7 miles from there.  Maybe I should go in there this week.  Its just hard to go in there with a rambunctious 2 year old boy!  LOL
Harmony- WITO member

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Go ahead and bring your boy.  I promise we will do our best to help you in your situation.  There are many things I would like to go over with you including putting that peep sight back on.  Without it you will probably be accurate at one distance if you are aiming with your left eye because the paradox between your string, your sight, and your left eye does not align.  Therefore making your arrows travel further off the target the farther you step back.  You basically have two options:

Train your right eye to have a certain amount of dominance....
Or shoot a left handed bow....

Swing in and we can get a little more in depth and hopefully resolve your problem. 
Matt

You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061