Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: First Bucks and Buckthorn hunt  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well my oldest boy and I hunted Saturday and Sunday on the Bucks and Buckthorn land.  We saw deer each day and even took a few shots but nothing in the freezer.  Guess we need to invest in a range finder.   ;D  Saw LOTS of sign and some of the guys saw big bucks.  All I saw were does but I'll take a doe any day -- any day that I aim right.   :whistling: 

There were 8 or 9 kids and all but one had no real experience.  Some didn't even have camo so wore their jeans and tennis shoes.  They're  very young and have no one to take them so we take them out to do their  best and get some experience.  I hope they all had enough fun to keep hunting and come  back with us again.  We even had a Snipe hunt on Saturday night.  Oh was that fun.  I guess there was a hole in the bag; darn snipe got away.   :ROTFLMAO:  We were nice and wen't back for em after just about 15 minutes.

We had a great time and can't wait to go back again but that will be mid/late Nov or December.

Grute  ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.