Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: PC Help  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I have 2 cpu's that I'm trying to put back together, one has a bad hard drive.

My goal is too get one to work. I swapped the hard drives, memory and cables to the better PC, installed a new DVD RW drive and have it all back together. It still wont boot up, the power light in the back of the power source comes on, but no fan. There is one wire from the power supply that I cant figure out where to plug into the mother board either, there is no open spots anywhere.

I tried the jumper in a couple different positions on the hard drive too, but nothing!

I live in Woodbury (East Metro) and was hoping someone would take a quick look at it, maybe after the holidays we can plan a local fishing trip and take a quick look before we head out. You could even take it home if necessary.

I'll be your guide for the day and supply all of the gear in exchange for taking a look at the PC, I dont expect any miracles, just a quick look over to see if it may be something minor.
« Last Edit: December 12/24/07, 08:42:06 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Are you sure the power supply isn't bad?  That cable that you can't figure out might not plug into anything.  What does the end of it look like?