Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mr. Heater Cooker problems...  (Read 2382 times)

Offline ThunderCAT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We hit the ice last night only to get completely set up and to find that my Mr. Heater Cooker wouldn't work. I hooked the hose up, turned on the gas, and when I pushed the ale button I didn't get any gas. Luckily my buddy only lies 15 minutes away so he went to get his heater...we used the same hose so I know it wasn't anything wit the hose...had to be my heater.

I currently don't hae a filter/regulator on my hose, could it be clogged up already after only a year of moderate use? I just got the unit last Christmas...

Anyone have any suggestions...I hae no idea how to clean it if it's clogged up already...

Offline Lil Grute Dudette

• Outdoorsman
Sorry about your mr.heater cooker 

Is home really sweet?

Offline lazer224

• Outdoorsman
There really isn't to much to those Mr. Heaters. The problem is most likely with the thermostatic gas cut off. Thats the thing that sticks out in front of the heater and is conected to the button you have to hold in to light it. I would make sure that its not stuck or clogged. Aside from that you might have to clean out the gas line intake with a needle. I hope this helps
Bill 

Offline rtk343

• Outdoorsman
The thermalcouple is very sensative to bending. If it has a crack or a break in it, it won't work. They tend to just "die" too. I would start by changing the thermal couple. I had the same problem a few years back. But I also got more than one year out of it before it went bad. Let us know what you find out.
I'd rather be sittin' on the ice.