Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: my first tubed arrow!!  (Read 6811 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
ok. so you all aint as excited as me, but this afternoon, I decided to go rip off a few rounds with my new reflex bow, as I havent shot since deer season (rifle) started a week ago.
the first set was in a six inch circle at thirty yards  ::)

the next group went much tighter at an inch and a half.
my next group I noticed one arrow barely penetrated the bail. most going through to the nock.
when I went to pull the arrows out, the one that went only part way in kept getting longer, and longer....and longer!
she was sunk deep inside another arrow!
I would put pics on cause it's pretty cool looking, but I just fired up my new computer on and I havent got all the software downloaded yet to unload pictures off the camera.

I shot three or four more rounds and the next two were back into that inch and a half grouping.

man I like this bow!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sweet!

Good Luck!

Ken

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Damn impressive. Of course I wouldn't expect anything less.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
When I got my Mathews bow I thought I would see if carbon was as accurate as aluminum. Well the aluminum shot a lot better. I had a ROBIN HOOD. Thats when the one arrow goes into the other. I told a guy at work and he said, you know what you got there? I said what. He said two wrecked arrows.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I told a guy at work and he said, you know what you got there? I said what. He said two wrecked arrows.

your friend at work is exactly correct. the only thing is, I have wrecked lots of arrows, and this was the coolest way I have done it so far ;D
the bent and twisted arrows dont look near as good as the robin hood arrow on my kids buck on the wall though.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Put pics up when ya figure how the new fuser works
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
That is so cool, I wish I could shoot that straight.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is mine

[attachment deleted by admin]
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline mariooo69

• Minnow
It is a rush when that happens.  I  had to quit practicing with broadheads , but can only put one in the target at a time , have to pull it out before i shoot a second arrow.. got tired of replacing vanes. Get great groups at 20-30 with my hoyt  using gold tip carbons. John

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I've only done it once myself, but as posted above, I have ruined many arrows shooting broadheads. I use a layered target now that has 5 spots on it. I shoot one arrow at each spot.

Of course with my recent switch to expandable broadheads, I reallly don't see any reason to practice with them. The only fixed blade I shoot now is a Slick Trick and they hit like my field points.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Anyone see on mythbusters when they tried to "robin hood" an arrow and they couldnt do it? They had a hooter shooter and loaded a five gallon bucket crammed with arrows and couldn't do it?

I wanted to write to them but I am sure someone already did.

We had back to back robin hoods tonight at work. Same end of arrows, I wish I could figure the odds of that??

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I Robin Hooded myh buddies arrow once.... it was no award winning shot, but it looked cool!
~ GREG
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!