Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are all the bowhunters?  (Read 7269 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I know we just kicked off the open water season, but there must be a few bowhunters around.
« Last Edit: May 05/25/06, 07:05:26 AM by Joe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
my son is just able to pull back a compound bow heavy enough to hunt with this year.
he will need alot of practice this summer.
he has not done archery before now.
i hope he finds his new passion.
you can learn so much about deer hunting sitting in a tree waiting for a deer to come into range.
you are right though, this is spring. only the died in the wool archers are out there doing it this time of year.
they will come.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
Outdoor spring league just started at the coon rapids range.  14 2D targets every tuesday night.  Goes all the way to fall.  Many of the archery ranges have shoots scheduled durring the summer.

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey i had my bow out for turkey hunting. I was ready to shoot a tom that came in to 30 yards with my bow but all i ended up seeing is hens. I only wen tout for one day because i ended up with mono. So i hunted day 1 with mono and day 2 i couldnt even get out of bed it sucks i still have it

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I hope your feeling better now. I've never hunted turkeys with a bow. I've watched it on tv and it looks like it could be quite challenging. What kind of broadhead do you use for that?
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris or maybe it was Tim, were going to use one of those Giutines(sp?) the long 4 blade braud head deal.

Never heard how he did.

My wrist is finialy better so I can now pull the string with out any pain.
Never thought a sprain would take so long to heal up.

I am just to bussy to shoot another league, other wise I would have been up there to shoot this year.

I shoot three different trap leagues now so they take up the week day nights.

Benny
« Last Edit: June 06/12/06, 04:45:36 PM by Benny »
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I was going to go with Chris and film it for him. The night before I had a family situation and had to cancel. I was dissapointed that it didn't happen as I was really excited to see this but life happens sometimes. Never did hear a report on that outting.