Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mississippi River pool 4  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Loren Waalkens

• Outdoorsman
This roller coaster ride of temps has me shuffleing between the boat and the ice house. Both methods have been well worth the effort in the past week and it looks like we are in for more of the same this week. The open water at the Red Wing dam has been giving up some walleyes and saugers for those willing to put in a little effort, Vertical jigging and dragging plastics both worked equally well for us last Sunday and we put some decent fish in the boat. As temps get back into the twenties these methods should hold for the next couple of weeks. The ice bite has also been decent. The slab crappies have been on the bite as have the saugers at the north end of the lake. It's tough to decide which of the two to pursue, but I guess I get my sauger/walleye fix most of the time in my boat and save the crappies this time of year for ice fishing, life is good here on the river....
Good luck to all and see you on the water

Loren Waalkens
"Loren's Mississippi River Guide Service"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I bet Sunday or Monday would of been a great day to be out. When I git to work at 2:30 it was 47 on my vehicle temp.

Offline Loren Waalkens

• Outdoorsman
It was awesome. Not to often you can be out in the boat in January and not have gloves on.

Loren Waalkens