Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Best Public lands for coyote hunting in mn?  (Read 9670 times)

Offline hrspwrrcng

• Minnow
I was wondering if anyone knows of any MN public lands that are abundant with coyote. Usually hunt in WI, but want to try out a new call I made.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering if anyone knows of any MN public lands that are abundant with coyote. Usually hunt in WI, but want to try out a new call I made.

Most public land in MN is abundant with yotes. To the best of my knowlegde coyotes have taken hold in this state. They can overtake places where the red and grey fox used to prevail. I'm still trying to figure this out but when the coyotes move in so do do the greys. Well in areas they weren't before anyhow.

Well maybe I should put the greys and yotes in the same category. This may be longer than neccesarry(sp) but yrs ago round this area anyhow all of them were prevalent. Gramps talked about yotes(brush wolves) when he was younger. He'd caught all of em at that time. The yotes all but dissappeared allong with the grey. Now we have yotes showing up and killin the reds. For many yrs. now the yote has been the king pin.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline hrspwrrcng

• Minnow
Thanks I think Im gonna try ?chewatana? in Pine city...

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sorry

When I started my first reply I got interupted by a nieghbors girl that said her horses leg was broke.Wanted me to help so I did. Don't me to be abrubt or rude but until her parents come home I'm not going to be the one to put it down. I will finish my reply later.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
i here alot of yotes are around st croix national park in hinckly there !
most of the yotes i hunt are in the river bottoms towards redwing

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
I'm sorry

When I started my first reply I got interupted by a nieghbors girl that said her horses leg was broke.Wanted me to help so I did. Don't me to be abrubt or rude but until her parents come home I'm not going to be the one to put it down. I will finish my reply later.

that would make for a good yote hunting spot for sure.

dead horse=yotes

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
The horse is alive and doing well. Fact is it'sleg never was broke. It looked like it though with all the swelling. It just looked nasty and thats an understatement. I've been over thier nuersing the critter since they work in the day. Needed to be worked on 3-4 times a day and I babysat in daytime. It is really amazing at how fast a horse can heal. When I first seen it there was a chunk of muscle the size of my fist hanging out. Within 2 days with much attention that hunk of meat was back in place and the only thing showing was a missing piece of hide the size of my foot. Now tonight everything is healed cept a golf ball sized piece.

BTW Today I shot a yote in the pasture it was in. It hasn't been in the pasture since it was injured but will be now as soon as it warmes a bit. Got one more yote out there as this one was the biggest of the 2 an the other hightailed.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
theres some nice ones down in lilydale park in st.paul i wonder if they will allow trapping down there or not .... im gonna have to find out ?

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
i would say almost any farmer would let you hunt yotes.. or they do around here....

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot