Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Eskimo auger  (Read 2195 times)

Offline M Secaur

• Outdoorsman
I have been looking for a power auger and found a new Eskimo 2hp Barracuda for $270.00.  It has an eight inch auger with Quantum blades and a center point.

What do you guy's think about these augers anf the price?
 :fishing:

Offline troutman

• Outdoorsman
i have one !1 works great for me. i drilled 40 holes yesterday with it  and had no  problems . 30 inches  of ice !  good luck

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the Eskimo Mako and have no problems with it .In my opinion it cuts just as good as a jiffy or strikemaster

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I have the Eskimo Stingray.  Evey time except once (40 below up at Mille Lacs on Jan 18th) it has started on the 1st or 2nd pole.  It's not as fast as the brother inlaws Lazer mag, or my other Jiffy.  But it's my run and gun auger.  It cuts great you just have to hold it in place no down pressure at all.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline M Secaur

• Outdoorsman
I have the Eskimo Stingray.  Evey time except once (40 below up at Mille Lacs on Jan 18th) it has started on the 1st or 2nd pole.  It's not as fast as the brother inlaws Lazer mag, or my other Jiffy.  But it's my run and gun auger.  It cuts great you just have to hold it in place no down pressure at all.
Glad to hear about no down pressure as I have a shoulder  that's been keeping me from being able to drill with my old hand auger. :fishing:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/08, 06:33:46 PM by M Secaur »

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
as long as they drill a hole good , thats all that matters in my book , id say go for it  :happy1:

Offline DeviousPete

• Outdoorsman
I have a Mako 1.8Hp 8" with the turbo blades...... i LOVE IT....
 Cuts as fast as the SM lazer....
And I got it for a deal at Sportsmans warehouse..... more than $100 cheaper than the SM.....
 Not the lightest.... but it's not heavy either....
cuts like a hot knife..... I drilled about 30 holes 2 days ago and it never slowed down.... 1-2 pull starts everytime no matter weather...