Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: $$$ 5300 Fur ???  (Read 4518 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Just thought I would throw this ? out there and see who gets it right.

What kind of pelt brought $5300 at an auction back in January? It may take a bit of searching but you can find the answer from this site.

Superstar if you've already seen it don't spill the beans.
« Last Edit: March 03/07/08, 08:39:24 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
ill sell the answer lol 20 bucks???

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"What kind of pelt brought $5300 at an auction back in January?"

Unless it came from some politician, someone paid too much.  :fudd:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline bemidjiman

• Outdoorsman
I'm about 99% sure it was a sasquatch aka bigfoot.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
"What kind of pelt brought $5300 at an auction back in January?"

Unless it came from some politician, someone paid too much.  :fudd:

LMAO  :rotflmao: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Google is great..

Polar Bear. Excellent demand for Polar Bear fur they say.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Google is great..

Polar Bear. Excellent demand for Polar Bear fur they say.

The answer Polar Bear is correct. I think they averaged around 22-23 hundred a hide, with a 5300 tops.

I knew someone would end up doing a google or something like that. I should have worded it different as I wanted to see who could find here from MNO. Try that for a bit more of a challenge.

Did ya find anything else from that google? Just curiously what did ya type in when googling?

« Last Edit: March 03/07/08, 04:31:02 PM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just googled "North American Fur Auctions" and found there site and looked at the january sale records.

I was surprised, I didn't think you could kill polar bear. I guess I haven't looked into it either though.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
I just googled "North American Fur Auctions" and found there site and looked at the january sale records.

I was surprised, I didn't think you could kill polar bear. I guess I haven't looked into it either though.

check into a hunt once... i looked at one that was a 15 - 30 day hunt said 8 days of that was just travel to the location and set up as in bulding a igloo of some sort to live in while you hunted the beast.at a average temp of - 40 below.. hunt was around 20 some grand.. and i think you had to have about a million permits and paper work up the AZZ... would be kinda fun to do but lotta work...
« Last Edit: March 03/07/08, 05:59:24 PM by Super Star! »

Offline C.C. Waters

• Outdoorsman

Legal documented Polar Bear can be sold fairly easy for $10.00 per SQ. Inch here in the USA, Paw Mounts sell readily for $300+ depending upon the size, Head Mount $1000+ (size again)

It is my understanding that the Native Inuits in NWT are allowed a yearly quota of so many Polar Bears, they then sell the hunting slot and it is a very critical portion of there income.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman

Legal documented Polar Bear can be sold fairly easy for $10.00 per SQ. Inch here in the USA, Paw Mounts sell readily for $300+ depending upon the size, Head Mount $1000+ (size again)

It is my understanding that the Native Inuits in NWT are allowed a yearly quota of so many Polar Bears, they then sell the hunting slot and it is a very critical portion of there income.

I believe that is when most of them come from is the Inuits. There were only 16 up for auction and one never sold.
~Thomas Jefferson