Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Robbed on the ice , On Big Marine yesterday  (Read 13906 times)

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
  • Im into hunting, fishing, cooking, and my horse ..
I know I havent posted in a while but this is worth maybe saving a life or your stuff. But this is from a guy on another site that happened to him yesterday on Big Marine Lake......AFTER READING THIS YOU WILL NEVER LOOK AT PASSERBYS THE SAME AGAIN...

(Robbed on the ice
I'm so pissed off right now I don't even know where to start.
So I figured I'd try fishing out on a north metro lake yesterday. It was such a nice day, I figured the wife and my 19 month old son should come with. I doubt there was 5 people on the lake, and I was thinking it's just a perfect day on the ice. We were catching a few crappies when this red ford pulls up, I figured he was just seeing how the bite was. Two guys stepped out, both wearing masks, and one of them had a shotgun. I just told myself, no way, this isn't happening. I gave 'em my wallet, which had about $120 in it, and my wife's purse, which had about $80 and all our credit and debit cards, our cell phones (I had just got a new one the day before), my digi camera, and all of my ice fishing gear-flasher, auger, 4 rods, even the fish we had! They said they were gonna take my car but I begged w/ 'em cuz I had my wife and young son on the ice, and they just took off. I got the license plate # and ran to the closest house and called 911. We spent a good amount of the night at the police station filling out a police report. Apparently the truck was stolen a couple of days ago, so that didn't do us any good. If anyone has any info please get in touch w/ me. Here's a detailed list of all the stuff that was stolen, if you hear of anyone trying to sell this stuff call me or the authorities.
cabela's lx-1 flasher
genz crappie stick w/ a shimano symetre 750
genz perch stick w/ quantum catalyst (not sure on size, but the smallest made)
st. croix avid light action rod w/ rapala ultralight reel
crappy old mora auger
motorazr2 phone w/ a pic of my wife and son
motorola phone (not sure on model) w/ a pic of me and my son on it
I hope these guys get caught and hung by their toes, this is getting ridiculous. I'm moving )

So If anyone hears of anything let me know and I will pass the info on...
If you say or react to something when frustrated or angry it will inevitably end in distaster !!

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Animals.  You can't even take your family fishing anymore without risking your life.  How about the guys in Ely last year who terrorized a family in the BWCA?  Carry a gun!

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
its sucks but I guess you now gotta arm yourself in the great outdoors.. Sad really!!
If you say or react to something when frustrated or angry it will inevitably end in distaster !!

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
Update----- 2 guys in custody and warrants are getting issued to do a search... They were busted for entering a house with a silent alarm and were meth heads.. Jsut what I thought first as well...

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats  :censored: crazy!  I was puttin off gettin a concealed carry permit, makes me want to get one again... but there, him with a shotgun, dont like the matchup ... that really sucks, especially with the family.... Let us know what happens, if they got the right guys and all.  Sorry to hear this fisherguy,  it aint MN's fault though... There are  :censored: crazy people everywhere... just the world today in a nutshell unfortunatly...  sorry again man!    -thunderpout   

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
ill keep you all posted ... It really does suck these days..

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Thats  :censored: crazy!  I was puttin off gettin a concealed carry permit, makes me want to get one again... but there, him with a shotgun, dont like the matchup ... that really sucks, especially with the family....    

You are right, All these guys want is money and merchandise to feed their drug habit. They are not murderers, the majority. You pull a gun out you put you and your families life in danger. Give them your money and they are gone.

Offline 3willy

• Outdoorsman
  • work fasinates me I love to watch it be done
if you cell phones are still on the cell company can track it and find it also if they are gps ons that would make it easier. They found that lady in south dakota a few years ago in the snow storm using an f-16 tracking her cell signal. That is a real terible thing especially here in mn a guy his wife and son robbed on the ice. People are stooping to new lows by the day it seams.  :censored:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
well this is a tragic year of hard water i must say. people getting there house's broken into, cars being broken into when the guys are out fishing, and now people being robbed at gun point when there ice fishing.  take the robbers stuff there head in an ice hole and kick them in the  :censored:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
(take the robbers stuff there head in an ice hole and kick them in the  :censored: )
 ha what he said,[  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Sorry about your lost. But in the long run they will get there. What come aroud will come aroud again, You sill can kick there  :moon:
« Last Edit: March 03/12/08, 09:18:23 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
I have a buddy that is doing time for robbing people one thing he told me is that if he seen kids he took off. And when he used a gun it was never loaded. 

Not good hope you get your stuff back and maybe the cops will give you 5 min in the room with them....          peace

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
man , cant even ice fish in p.e.a.c.e. anymore this is bull :censored:  i hope they find the  :moon:holes and hang em , sad part is if they dont have a record  1st offense on agg robbery is 36 months and chances are it,ll get plead down to simple robbery which is 18 months  :banghead: :banghead:   good ol, justice system  :banghead:

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
(take the robbers stuff there head in an ice hole and kick them in the  :censored: )
 ha what he said,[  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Sorry about your lost. But in the long run they will get there. What come aroud will come aroud again, You sill can kick there  :moon:

come again

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i think what he was trying to say what goes around comes around

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
For the record it wasnt me tht was robbed but a guy I know.. and He posted it and I copied it and put it here for all to be aware now when fishing.. Im sad i have to help get the word out and remind folks of what can happen ..So be safe..

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I was one of a hundred vehicle owners, one new years night to get nearly all our tires slashed at the Chisago Lake channel landing while ice fishing a few years back....I was parked on the ice near shore, no one was driving on the lake yet, every one parking at the landing and some :censored: punk kids went on a spree, slashing a few hundred tires there and in the neighborhood.  There was a witness, an old guy who died before it went to trial so the case was dropped against two or three juveniles... nice kids eh..?

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
sad , maybe if those kids were taught to fish they might have been fishing rather then slashing tires  :banghead:

Offline Fish Guide

• Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
Im actually surprised it doesn't happen every night.  Imagine how easy it would be , door to door robbing rental houses while everybody inside is sleeping  or on shore and their stuff is inside.  Did this storie hot the news at all? 
"To put fish in the box, fish outside the box"

Minnesota Fishing Guide Service
www.minnesotaguideservice.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Never saw it on the news, you'd think it would be pretty big news....Yep, each voyager has a couple hundred dollars in flashers, a few more in augers,we're easy targets unless its on a weekend with others around.  Mean people sure suck....

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats  :censored: crazy!  I was puttin off gettin a concealed carry permit, makes me want to get one again... but there, him with a shotgun, dont like the matchup ... that really sucks, especially with the family.... Let us know what happens, if they got the right guys and all.  Sorry to hear this fisherguy,  it aint MN's fault though... There are  :censored: crazy people everywhere... just the world today in a nutshell unfortunatly...  sorry again man!    -thunderpout   

Well even with a conceal and carry permit it still don't matter. With the family involved your hands are tied. Your not allowed to stop someone from taking your property only from bodily harm. If the family wasn't there you have the option of "How confident are you with your weapon". I was told in high school I was born 200 yrs too late and I agree. The way I see it's a problem of society not being able to protect their property.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The latest word on this story is that it is FALSE and was made up. I am a member on the site where the story first started and they are claming it as being false... Don't know anything more then that. Just didn't sound right and I never made any comment on it. Might have been my 20 years of experence in a related field.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well why in the world would someone make something like this up thats ridiculous. bobby thanks for tellin us

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
well why in the world would someone make something like this up thats ridiculous. bobby thanks for tellin us

ditto
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
i guess some people have nothing better to do  :banghead:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess so, and i acually felt bad for the guy  :censored:

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
yeah and I feel horrible as I thought it was true and was posting to warn folks and came in today to find this story to be false.. SO sorry everyone to post this as I thought it was something to warn and be safe.. I cant beleive some folks and how this came to be a spoof. It is really sad as I was trying to help the guy be offering up some gear to help  him get thru the rest of the year..
ON the other site he has not come forth yet.
BUt again IM sorry for passing the crap on ..  :bs: :bs: :bs: :banghead:

Offline Russ-Judy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i agreed with Bobby Bass it wasnt on the news--someone had way to much time on there hands and full of  :bs: :bs:- i never passed it on either

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Mnfisherguy~we all know that you were just trying to help out your fellow fishermen, and I for one appreciate your efforts!  THANK YOU!!   :dancinred:  gg

Offline mnfisherguy

• Outdoorsman
thanks for understanding.. IM so pissed about it as I called the local bait shops to inform then so they can inform others for thier safety and it now makes me look like an idiot when I go to call them later to rebute it..  :censored: :censored:
Hey I didnt get to meet you GG on Sat. But we also went out near the dam and got a limit of crappies and came back late thinking it was 230 when it was 330.. Darn truck clock begin wrong..

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
thanks for understanding.. IM so pissed about it as I called the local bait shops to inform then so they can inform others for thier safety and it now makes me look like an idiot when I go to call them later to rebute it..  :censored: :censored:
Hey I didnt get to meet you GG on Sat. But we also went out near the dam and got a limit of crappies and came back late thinking it was 230 when it was 330.. Darn truck clock begin wrong..

Yes, that whole situation truely sucks mnfisherguy!!  Stupid people doing stupid things...why anyone would make up a story like that is beyond me!

Anyway, I'm glad you caught your limit of crappies on Saturday!  That's cool!  Hopefully I will get to meet you at the next outing!..and fix your damn clock!  ;D

gg  :queen: