Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is the one thing.....  (Read 8192 times)

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
What is the one thing that you remember and will remember the rest of your life, that was taught to you about fishing.?

Could be something bad or something you learn..

Mine was, never in a million years to ever step and squish a bullhead.. That pointed fin or what ever it is... i don't do bullheads to this day..  went right through my tennis shoe into my foot, and i still remember that pain..I still have the scar on the bottom of my foot.
NG

Lets hears yours..
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
if you catch a eel pout, cut the line! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
hmmm mine would be when i caught my first catfish over 20lbs never handled them that size very much and i wasnt gripping very hard on his bottom lip (no gloves) and he clamped down on my fingers, let me tell you that hurts alot. like putting your fingers in a vise, and they have i call them sandpaper tell like a bass does and i finally got the fingers out by pulling and it took a layer of skin off 3 fingers. THAT HURTS

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Something i learned about 30 years ago..... Never touch the little nut on the top of a burning lantern, boy that hurts.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
hmmm mine would be when i caught my first catfish over 20lbs never handled them that size very much and i wasnt gripping very hard on his bottom lip (no gloves) and he clamped down on my fingers, let me tell you that hurts alot. like putting your fingers in a vise, and they have i call them sandpaper tell like a bass does and i finally got the fingers out by pulling and it took a layer of skin off 3 fingers. THAT HURTS
So no noodling for you?
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well beleive it or not i would still like to try that, but if you would of asked right after that i would of said no. lol i learned to wear gloves now. :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Something i learned about 30 years ago..... Never touch the little nut on the top of a burning lantern, boy that hurts.
Why would you touch the wee nut on the top of a burning lamp tho?
lol
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Why would you touch the wee nut on the top of a burning lamp tho?
lol

No idea either. I only did it once and learned never to do it again.

Try it sometime! :rotflmao:
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
you will be amazed on some of the things people do and will never learn until they find out the hard way. then you learn really fast.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
A friend of mine stopmped on a bull head like that NG and had the exact same results.  He said it felt like fire going up his leg.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
When you are young and think it’s a good idea to net carp in a drain off and then smash them with baseball bats don’t be the one in back when the overhead swinging starts :imstupid: :cry: :cry: :cry:
and if you still think you want to try this your on your own :moon: me no that dumb now
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Grute

Yep that be the pain i felt too... never will ever forget that either...

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Pat...I dont want to admit to it , but I've done the lantern nut thing too...ya do it to see if the lanterns still too hot to put it in the case...ive since found better methods(top secret... :rotflmao:)       -thunderpout ;)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i have another one.... :bonk: :bonk:..dont pee on an electric fence.. :cry: :cry:..i think that pretty well explains it. :imstupid: :imstupid:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
The very first time I went ice fishing (I was 8) for walleye I caught an eelpout that swallowed my hook.  My father said that the best way to get the hook out was to lay the pout onto the ice, jump as high as I could and stomp the pout with both feet.  Guts flew out both end of the fish.  My hook stayed DEEP inside the fish and since I really wanted to fish more I had to remove the hook from the huge mess.  My dad still asks me every time a catch eelpout if I am going to do the BIG STOMP HOOK REMOVAL. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What is the one thing that you remember and will remember the rest of your life, that was taught to you about fishing.?

Could be something bad or something you learn..

Mine was, never in a million years to ever step and squish a bullhead.. That pointed fin or what ever it is... i don't do bullheads to this day..  went right through my tennis shoe into my foot, and i still remember that pain..I still have the scar on the bottom of my foot.
NG

Lets hears yours..

Whats wrong with bullheads? Years ago we used to go bullhead fishing as soon as enough ice was gone to cast from shore. We would catch dozons of them then have them smoked. MMMMM Good Stuff.  Once game fish season opened we were done bullheadin.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing... just dont stomp on them to kill them.

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
I do as as a kid, putting knitting needle into the outlets....

Offline Duckslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bullheads are good eating till the water warms up!  AND I am NOT from Iowa! 

If you take the pedals off your bike to put new ones on make sure you get them good and tight!  That bar on a male bike is VERY unforgiving!

Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
I know as kids WE all do dumb things, so lets hear some more stories from others.....

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember when i was about 8 yrs old I wanted to see if the wall socket was putting out juice and I went and got a butter knife so I could check it and let me tell you it was working  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Great stories

anyone else?

We have lots of members here.. lets hear from you