Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Building a Fence  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
As soon as winter breaks and spring comes and the grounds thaws I need to build a fence. It is only going to be about 25 feet long to fill a void between to fences. Any suggestions as far as keeping the cost down?? I have never priced the materials and wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this recently?

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
if you seen my back fence, those panels are 5 ft tall and
8 ft wide prebuilt. not well built but...  they were under
20 bucks at the depot.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
if you seen my back fence, those panels are 5 ft tall and
8 ft wide prebuilt. not well built but...  they were under
20 bucks at the depot.

randy aka bh

I'll have to take a look. Pretty basic it sounds. Just have to get the fence posts in the ground and level and then mount the panels on the posts?

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
If you don't need the fence for keeping Lucy in or other dogs out, you may want to consider shrubs.  I put in a row of 30 shrubs 2 years ago and love them.

Just another idea fer ya.

Grute  :dancinred:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If you don't need the fence for keeping Lucy in or other dogs out, you may want to consider shrubs.  I put in a row of 30 shrubs 2 years ago and love them.

Just another idea fer ya.

It is for Luci. The whole yard is fenced except for abouit a 25 foot section. We used to have some very thick bushes growing there but they were reomved by the neighbors. They were actually their bushes. Anyways, I need to seal this spot up again but don't want to have to drop a lot of money. We do have a kennel but it would be nice if she had the whole yard.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
i know how to buld one but im not cheap.... if its like it is here and its on the property line you have to split the bill with your nahbor...

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
real easy, i got the post hole diggers and the nailers.
once the posts are up maybe 5 minutes per panel.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
real easy, i got the post hole diggers and the nailers.
once the posts are up maybe 5 minutes per panel.

randy aka bh

take some pics when your done id like to see this fence...

O yeah something you may want to look into tim to is you may need a permit to do it and you may have requirements on what the fence can look like and height wise stuff like that...
« Last Edit: March 03/22/08, 11:15:59 PM by Super Star! »

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I did 2 spots of my property with privacy fence panels and DID for sure have to get a permit.  The went up no problem.  The most important thing was getting the posts (a) spaced properly and (b) flush and plumb.

Let me know if you need a hand.

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Grute's not kidding about the posts.  My neighbor had about half his posts in when I ask him what type of fence he planned to put up.  He said he was getting the 8 foot sections.  I told him before I cemented in posts, (he had about 6-7 cemented in), I would get a pannel to make sure it fit.  Soon after I saw him out there with a pannel and moving posts.   :oops1:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***