Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Your Favorite Fishing or Hunting Gift?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Do you have a favorite fishing or hunting gift that someone gave you or something that was passed down to you that you absolutely love?  Do you bring it along as a lucky charm or do you actually use it?

My favorite hunting gift was given to me by my dad.  He gave me his old Winchester 308 Rifle.  It's the only gun that I have ever used deer hunting, and she hasn't let me down yet~!

My favorite fishing gift would be my grandma's wisdom and techniques about fishing that she has passed down to me.  She is 94 years old and she is the best fishermen that I know. I would love to be half the fishermen that she is!!  She is truly unbelievable!  She has enjoyed every single moment of her life, and she doesn't waste a minute of it.

Let's hear your favorites..

gg

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
My grandfathers wisdom and teachings, that i carry with me everywhere...
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
My Grandma's tackle box and a rod and reel from my Dad when I was 14 - both of which I still have (Im now 42).

But my most favorite gifts are the ones I give to my kids as their "right of passage."  I make them wait till a certain age before they get their bow then their gun  :blablabla:  When they finally get it, they're ready (maybe more than 'ready').  I remember giving my 14 year old his first rifle and the look on not only his face but his younger siblings.  They can hardly wait for their turn.  Now my middle child has gotten his gun(s) but hasn't gotten to shoot them yet.  That will be another great gift - taking him to the range.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.