Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: whats your favorite hiking trails?  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
whats your favorite hiking trails?
Maybe post some pic too
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Over the years, we have managed to hack, plow, cut, or grade over 7 miles of trails on our property.  These have got to be my favorites.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
The Sioux Hustler Trail up on the Echo Trail is really nice... It runs north off the Echo trail and goes through the BWCA and into Canada, Ive gone grouse hunting on it and its basically a portage that goes for miles... I also like the North Country Trail in north central MN, its not completed yet but will eventually go from coast to coast across the northern USA!  Another nice one is the Norway trail also up off the Echo trail... it runs south towards Trout lake in the BWCA, I think its like 10 miles long. You need to fill out BWCA day permits at the entries and make reservations for staying overnite at the campsites...

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Does that take you to trout lake?

Where do you catch it at?
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi NG... You take a fire road(I think its FR#11 but I could be wrong)south about twelve miles south until the road ends.  The fire road is close to Lake Jeanette campground on the Echo Trail.  I had wolves howling at me and following me while grouse hunting there.  Its beautiful as heck in that area, wish it wasnt so far away or Id go more often.. But I think its just down the Echo Trail for you, right? :happy1:

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes ok i think i can find it..

I went down the echo today and then fernburg as well, i took some pics of the lakes down fernburg, and i will post them later..

Lots of deer out today too..

thanks
NG

Offline EagleEyeJack

• Outdoorsman
I have done the Angleworm Lake trail and Snowbank Lake trail several times. I enjoy trails that are a bit rough and offer a challenge for backpacking. I also have hiked a lot of sections of the Superior Hiking trail, some great views can be had.