Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Rainy River Report...  (Read 1556 times)

Offline DarterGuy

• Outdoorsman
    • Northcountry Guides
In all of the years I've been fishing the Rainy River, I've never been up on a Saturday.... I will say after Saturday's madness I will never go on a Saturday again!

After the 2 hour drive to Birchdale we arrived to a huge line and a 1 hour and 15 minute wait to launch. After getting unloaded, waiting for our driver to drop the truck off and get back to the shoreline, we didn't get lines in the water until nearly 10 am. We fished hard from 10 am until 4 pm and did well on walleyes, getting decent numbers, caught 2 pike, as well as 3 sturgeon going 34, 37, and 42 inches. The walleyes were hardy, and we managed some nice fish, but topped out at the 26" mark. No giants this trip. When we packed 'er in for the day we again had a long wait, roughly 40 minutes, to get the boat loaded up and hit the road.

Busiest I've ever seen it, and longest I've ever had to wait. I'll stick with Monday-Thurs. from now on... ;)

Fish were all caught on 1/2 oz. long shank jigheads tipped with ring grubs and rainbow minnows. Pink, gold, and white glow were the colors of choice.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Northcountry Guide Service
(218) 444-6479
www.northcountryguides.com