Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: "MNO Fishing Team Challenge" REGISTRATION  (Read 26772 times)

Offline BigDog

• Outdoorsman

Offline Phishnchick

• Outdoorsman

Offline gds

• Outdoorsman
Gary

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/17/08, 08:25:13 PM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline MadBoBo

• Outdoorsman
  • Lost Rocky Lake Monster Bass

Offline ssendek

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
#36 I'm in!!! Perfect that my ages heehee....
June 7th to Sept. after labor day I work @ resort @ Wausota resort I will be Fishing whole summer with help peoples catch any fish!!!  Plenty WALLEYES and NORTHERNS also Jumboperch
call to owner resort phone nbr 218 659 4246 there have 11 cabin and campground
soon my cousin Tom and I maybe buy @ bowstring lake.. I will update with u all guys later...
good luck fishing and trip safe...
Daniel Rud

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
can i play??

Yes......#37  (added by Realtree)
« Last Edit: April 04/22/08, 11:25:52 PM by Realtree »

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
can i play??

Absolutely...come on in Super Star, everyone is welcome!!  :happy1:    :fishing:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I'm adding a prize to this contest!

We have 1 $75.00 gift certificate to WALLHANGERS Taxidermy Studio!!

www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com

Prize will be awarded to: To be deteremined

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
count me in ......how many fish do i have to catch :toast:

« Last Edit: April 04/23/08, 11:29:47 PM by Pat Turnquist »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
MNO Team Fishing Challenge update.

Rules are a work in progress and there may be some changes as we fine tune things.

Update:  If you have not yet entered we need you to do so by Noon on May 8th

This change is going to allow us to announce the drawing of team members sometime the night of the 8th instead of the 9th We are doing this so those who are heading to their cabins will not miss finding out who they will be partnered up with. Also we are looking at holding the drawing live and post the results in chat as the teams are selected. You will be able to come to chat and find out who you will be teamed up with. All teams will be posted here in this string later that same night. Time is still to be determined so look here for more updates. Thank you for signing up and we still have lots of room for more teams!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
count me in ......how many fish do i have to catch :toast:

If you're on my team then that would be 3 big ones.  Otherwise, you don't need to catch any at all.   ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Rocketman

• Minnow
can I be #39, and wow my age?  ( for the past 9 yrs now, and I'm stickin to it!!!)

yep you are #39! good luck!  [added by bonehead]
« Last Edit: April 04/26/08, 02:32:30 PM by bonehead »
"If you have choice between being right or being kind, just choose kind" wd

Offline JackpineRob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Can I play too?

yep you are #40  [added by bonehead]
« Last Edit: April 04/26/08, 02:50:48 PM by bonehead »

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
This is a cool idea you could be on three different lakes at the same time and still compete as a team. Please count me as #41 almost 14 teams now
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Hockey #12

• Outdoorsman
  • First deer
If I was feelin any better, I'd be dangerous!

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm all over this!!!!! Sign me up!!! :woot:

#43  [added by bonehead]
« Last Edit: April 04/27/08, 06:44:57 PM by bonehead »
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline jkrash

• Minnow
Sounds like fun, sign me up!
I have one question
 can I count a muskie as a pike?

#44 (added by buckhuntercody)
« Last Edit: April 04/27/08, 11:18:58 PM by buckhuntercody »

Offline C.C. Waters

• Outdoorsman
What the Heck, sounds like fun, and as much time as I'll be spending on the water this year I may just be able to contribute to the team  :toast:

« Last Edit: April 04/28/08, 12:44:02 AM by Pat Turnquist »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

:bump:

"MNO Fishing Team Challenge"

This is where you can sign up for the MNO Fishing contest.  Just add a reply saying you are interested in the "MNO Fishing Team Challenge"

Rules and how this challenge works.

1. Contest is free to enter.

2. Must be a member of MNO, We encourage you to join MNO so you can enter contest.

3. Contest runs from May 10th 2008  till  October 31st 2008 at midnight.

4 This contest is a team challenge. The teams will consist of three members to be drawn at random. You sign up on the official string (here) and your name along with two others will be randomly selected. You and your partners will be posted as a team and you must come up with a team name. Now comes the twist to this contest. You and your team members will be asked to submit the longest fish in three species categories. Bass ( either smallmouth or largemouth ) Walleye and Northern Pike. The total length will win the contest. Example a 20" bass and a 26" walleye and a 40" northern gives you a total of  86 inches.. Anyone on your team can upgrade your catch, say you catch a 24" walleye and a team member later catches a 30" fish. Your 30" fish will now be your top entry for walleyes for your team. Ideally each team member would qualify a fish but also just one member could catch all three qualifying fish for their team.

5. All fish must be photographed along side a clearly visible outstretched tape measure (Fish board recommended) and must include the staple item (MNO card, this will be available to print from MNO before the start of the contest). Fish pictures must be posted by the last day of the contest, no late or early entries will count. Fish must be measured with a closed mouth and you can swing the tail.

6. Photos must be posted in the official thread, this thread will be for the posting of fish only. Camera pictures will be accepted when mailed in to MNO, these can not be returned.                Please no trash talk in this thread, there will be another thread to share your fishing prowess..

7. All local and State fishing rules must be adhered to in the catching of fish, Smallmouth Bass must be in season. No illegal means of harvesting will be accepted. Catch and release rules/seasons are ok for contest.

8. All members who want to participate must sign up  by May 7th 2008. Teams will be drawn and posted May 8th. Teams will consist of 3 members per team.  Members will be selected by a random draw.

9. New members may continue to enter after the closing date but the next teams will not be selected till the first of the following month. Is it best to enter early so you will have a team ready for opening day. If we end up with one or two extra fishermen without a team as soon as we reach three they will form a team and can start fishing.

10. There will be a minimum size for your fish to be entered. Bass will need to be 16" or larger. Walleye 20" or larger and Northern Pike 26" or larger. Fish will be measured to the nearest ¼ inch and upgrades may be made in ¼ inch units. There is no limit to how many times you can upgrade your catch. Remember that your teams largest fish in each category will determine your final entry length.

The intent of this fishing challenge is to promote MNO and to make new fishing buddies. At this time we are putting together prizes. A grand prize for the winners and also each time you enter a fish you will be entered into a drawing. We will list prizes here as they come in. As of now they are in no particular order.

Prizes

$50.00 Gift Card - Gander Mountain
$50.00 Gift Card - Gander Mountain

THERE IS STILL MORE-- A CRAPPIE CHALLENGE

If the team challenge is not for you MNO will also be having a Crappie challenge,  Post your picture of any size crappie and you will be entered into a drawling for prizes and also a  grand prize for the biggest Crappie!

All fish must be photographed along side a clearly visible outstretched tape measure (Fish board recommended) and must include the staple item (MNO card, this will be available to print from MNO before the start of the contest). Fish pictures must be posted by the last day of the contest, no late entries will count. Fish must be measured with a closed mouth and you can swing the tail.

Photos must be posted in the official thread This thread will be for the posting of fish only. Camera pictures will be accepted when mailed in to MNO, these can not be returned. Please no trash talk in this thread, there will be another thread to share your fishing prowess.

NOTE: if you are just entering a fish for the drawing you need not have the fish board,  Lets see your kids and their crappies!

Lake Iwanttobethere will be the official weigh in station for the contest. And will sponsor a team update for the MNO Fishing Challenge and the Crappie Challenge.

Bobby Bass

Offline CHARMEDFURSURE

« Last Edit: April 04/28/08, 07:14:46 PM by Northerngal »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 UPDATE      46 fishermen and ladies have signed on for the Challenge! We are nine days out from closing the registration and announcing the teams. Time to talk with your buddies about joining the challenge and joining MNO if they are not already a member. 

This is free and I don't think you will find a challenge like it any where but here on MNO    For you crappie fishermen there is a challenge for you also. Lets see your catch!

When the challenge starts two more strings will be started. One will be for you to post your crappies pictures and the other will be for your challenge fish. The challenge fish require that a picture of your fish be posted here along side a tape measure or on a  fish board. Also a small card will be posted here that can be downloaded and printed out at home. Place this card along side your fish as proof that your fish was caught during the MNO challenge. The card will be available on May 8th  No tape or card is needed for the crappie picture unless you think you have a biggum to take the Crappie grand prize. When posting your picture please state your team name, the angler and the length. Also these two strings will be for showing off your catch only and for record keeping. 
« Last Edit: May 05/01/08, 02:16:06 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline juano

• Minnow
Count me in as well.

#47 (modified by Grute)
« Last Edit: April 04/30/08, 11:36:31 AM by Grute »
Its never a bad day to go fishin.

Offline oober ponage

• Outdoorsman
 :kermit: I'll give it a try  :kermit:
             :woot: :woot:

« Last Edit: April 04/30/08, 04:47:56 PM by Northerngal »

Offline oober ponage

• Outdoorsman
 :party1:   :party3:   :party1:   :party3:

My team is gonna kick butt!   :kermit:

O.P.
« Last Edit: April 04/30/08, 05:10:03 PM by Grute »

Offline Lil Grute Dudette

• Outdoorsman
yeah I'll try it      :coffee:

Im a 49er.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 04/30/08, 05:09:12 PM by Grute »
Is home really sweet?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
You have a little over a week left to sign up for the challenge.  The registration closes at noon next Thursday then teams will be drawn.  The teams will be posted on Thursday evening along with the card you will need to photograph your fish with.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
i would like to knwo who is drawing the names for each team please
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait