Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Need some ideas  (Read 3659 times)

Offline mcafferty

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I need your help.  I am looking for ideas for a weekend get away with the wife for her 30th birthday.  It would be for May 17-18th. Any help would be great.  We dont have a boat for fishing but she does like hiking, camping etc. any help would be great.  maybe a b and b?

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Ok

1...What about renting a cabin on a island? and boat is included..

thats pretty romantic...

fire place at night.. oil lamps...

Here is Ely there are lots

2...Does she gamble?
theres always the weekend at a casio.. they have rooms as well..

3... what about a fantasy suite? i knwo duluth has them..

4...what about a camping trip...

5...what abotu packing up a few things.. head in one direction, see the sights.. stop and get a room where ever you like.. have no plans just end up somewhere..

the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Rent a cabin on the north shore. That would be a great way to spend some quality time. You can have campfires at night, hike during the day and you can even visit Ely and some of the other towns around the area and check out the shops and get some ice cream and eat lunch at new and exciting places. That sounds like a fun weekend.

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How about the Black Hills?  Or perhaps a weekend isn't long enough to drive that distance.  Minnesota has some nice State Parks too.  Some even have rustic cabins you can rent pretty reasonable.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Forrestville, MN.  South of Rochester and near Preston.  Lots of antique shops, Amish stuff...nice and quiet - ahhhh scerenity.

http://www.mnhs.org/places/sites/hf/logisticshf.html
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Itacsa state prak is a good place to hike you all so can rent bike there they have bike trails and a cabins to rent or tent but if you want to campe go to long lake E off 71 nouth of Itacsa on 200 about 10 miles you can rent a boat and fish for trout this is a good campgroud this has bathroom and a small store and it is 5 mile away from Itacsa too.
we go there one a year for the last 8 years.the coat to campe is 17.00 a night. or Duluth is a good place too.Well I hop this help you.  :happy1:

Offline mcafferty

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
those are all great ideas can you tell me more about the cabin island thing?  do you have any links to that?   i also like the drive and see where we end up.  any ideas of locations? thanks

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
why not head up to the gunflint tail

and yes i can send you a link to a place they rent on some islands too..
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait