Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How many squirrel hunters in MN?  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Squirrel_Hunter_Gray

• Minnow
Hello Folks:

Anyone hunt squirrels in MN? I live in SD and am just curious. Not too many folks hunt them over here but we are trying to do a little recruiting!

Is the squirrel hunting good in MN?

Thanks,

-Marc

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have been known to take a few gray tree rats. I like to shred the meat and mix with bbq sauce and put in the slow cooker and make a sandwich. MMMMMM good.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline icefox

I wanna hunt squirrels with my dogs.  Don't have to kill the sq, want to see the dogs work em.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Hello Folks:

Anyone hunt squirrels in MN? I live in SD and am just curious. Not too many folks hunt them over here but we are trying to do a little recruiting!

Is the squirrel hunting good in MN?

Thanks,

-Marc
I hunt squirrels... and they are very good in the crock pot with potatos, carrots, ect... cook them til the meat falls off the bone. MMMMMMMmmmmm.....
very good hunting here in the woods, especially the ones that cows roam... easy walking. :fudd:
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
They were the first animal that I hunted as a kid.  I have a lot of great memories as a kid hunting them with my dad.  I had my 100 th one mounted.  A very large fox. 

I took my oldest out last year.  She had a blast.  She is only 10 and she really wants to shoot them.  She has been practicing with a BB gun.  She will have to wait a couple of more years to carry a gun.  I think it will be harder for me to wait.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Crazy4Outdoors

• Outdoorsman
Grew up hunting squirrels & rabbits; great hunting and good eating.  I have great memories of my Dad & brothers taking me out when I was young.  Now our kids enjoy hunting them as well.