Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sporting Clay Fun Shoot  (Read 23206 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone else interested? the shoot is only 3 weeks away. everyone is welcome ::welcome:: :toast:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ill be posting directions to wild marsh within the next week. anyone else interested in going

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Me and my two boys are still looking forward to it quite a bit.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Im definatly in Cody, I had a wedding scare, but its the weekend before the shoot... It'll be alot of fun!  Come on ya MNO folks.... This will be killing two birds with one stone,  Hone up our shooting skills, and have a bunch of fun while doin it and some food to boot! :happy1: :spongebob:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well I took my younger son up Nort ta do some shooting and turns out he's not quite ready for shooting.  He had fun with the .22 but his brother's .243 was too much for him.  He wouldn't even try the 25.06.  The he's also got a brand new 20 gauge O/U which he also didin't want to try but then I showed him he could just shoot from the hip out into our shooting area.  He actually had fun doing that but would NOT shoulder that thing.  I tried to encourage him but it was doing more damage than good so I let it go.  I just let him have the fun he could and told him we could try it again in a year or so when he's older and bigger.

So we lost one attendant  :cry: to our fun shoot but myself and my older boy will be there.

Grute    :spongebob:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
maybe the son doesnt think he is ready yet, not a bad thing.
some parents would push the kid. take him with and he will
soon see that he can handle it. remembering way back..
my daughter was around 10 and she wouldnt shoot my 9mm,
neither would the wife. after watching me shoot the daughter
wanted to try. after that she would ask, when we going shooting
again!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep... let him decide when the time is right, but Randy's right, bring him with if he wants to go,  He'll still learn things just watching the bigger guys & how they handle firearms (hopefully the right way ;)) and other stuff... he'd still have lots of fun!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah bring him along if he wants to go, i say bring along his gun also he may want to try it when he is out there, also 7 and 8 shot is far more forgiving on the shoulder. ill post directions sometime today.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Good idea. I'll plan on bringing him.  He will have just gotten his FAS certificate so maybe he'll be even more pumped up to try it again.  Im not going to push him though; I just want it to be fun for him -- and everyone for that matter.   ;D

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
no problem at all, im just looking forward to meeting more folks from MNO and shooting my shotgun :dancinred:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
here are the directions

Take I-94 West to the first Monticello exit. At bottom of ramp go right to stoplight, turn left on Broadway. Take Broadway into town. At 3rd stop light, Hwy 25, take right, cross Mississippi river. Next stop light take left, County Road 11. Stay on County Road 11, cross State Hwy 10, you'll see Holiday gas station, continue on County Road 11 another 13 miles to a little town called Santiago. There is a feed mill, bar & gas station, just after the gas station is County Road #3, go left for about 3 ½ miles. Wild Marsh driveway on left, see 8x8 business sign there. Follow dirt road through gate to clubhouse.

or if you want to just mapquest it here is the address

Wild Marsh Sporting Clays, Inc.
13481 County Road #3 SE
Clear Lake, MN. 55319

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone going to need shells? ill have 200 extra federals 7 1/2 inch 12 gauge shells for sale for 5 dollars a box. also you must have eye protection and ear plugs on at all times, and your gun must be unloaded and chamber must be open when you go from one station to another.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
the shoot will begin at 11am

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are some good, important reminders Cody... (actions open on auto's and pumps, gun broke open on double guns..) another is only two shells in your gun at a time. :happy1:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
anyone going to need shells? ill have 200 extra federals 7 1/2 inch 12 gauge shells for sale for 5 dollars a box. also you must have eye protection and ear plugs on at all times, and your gun must be unloaded and chamber must be open when you go from one station to another.

If it would help anyone, I can bring enough ear plugs for everyone and possibly enough eye protection. 

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The shoot is still on the 19th correct??

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
yes the shoot is still on the 19th, that would be next saturday.

also weather is looking really hot, it says its going to be in the 90's so dress to match the weather,

also bring something to drink like water, i will have a cooler full of water and pop free of charge.

like grute said if anyone doesnt have ear plugs or safety glass's he has some extras as well as i will have extras also.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
also i need a head count of how many plan on attending or think they can attend. :fudd:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I haven't talked to my son about this lately but I think we will be there.  What sorta food should a guy bring.  You still planning on grilling after?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
HERE! (count me in!)  :happy1:They also sell shells, eye & hearing protection in the clubhouse.  A good thing to bring is something to carry stuff around in... (water,shells,bug stuff,more shells) a hunting or shooting vest will work but a shell bag/small duffel bag with a shoulder strap works really well.  They also rent carts there that will even hold your shotgun! :doah:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
yes we still are grilling afterwards. ill bring the burgers chips pop and condiments, all everyone else has to do is show up. who here wants to be lead chef. how about you thunderpout?

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought ya said who ever got the highest score?  So ya better bring your apron, Cody... ;)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
lol if i dont shoot a 80 this time i will be very dissapointed in myself, but im not the greatest cook :puke:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I don't mind grillin burgers.   :chef:   I could bring a couple packs of buns too

I plan to bring both of my boys.  The younger one probably wont shoot but I'd like him to come and just see how its done and hopefully have fun.   :happy1:

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will be there!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ok grutes the cook. yeah if anyone wants to bring anything feel free, i was just saying its not required :toast:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats great Grute... He'll be the perfect score keeper/trapper(target puller) just as long as he doesn't cheat for his dad & give ya targets! :whistling: :rotflmao:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Thats great Grute... He'll be the perfect score keeper/trapper(target puller) just as long as he doesn't cheat for his dad & give ya targets! :whistling: :rotflmao:

Might be an extra hamburger in it for him if he does.   :chef:

I'll also bring my flipper for the grill too.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman