Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fish On! Minnewaska 6.21.08  (Read 1693 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fish On Bait & Sport - Glenwood, MN

Minnewaska Report

The walleye bite has not slowed...really amazing the number of fish caught.  I went out 2 days ago and kept 4 fish in the 15.5 to 16.5 range and released a really solid 28 incher.  Beautiful fish.  I caught most of these fish in 4 ft. of water after 10:30 pm...still coming in shallow.  I am still having great success during the day with Reef Runners (200 series gotta have orange on them) in the 12 to 13 ft depth running along School Point, and both sides of Priest's Point.  We caught some really nice small mouth, large mouth and pike.  Two Sundays ago we caught 14 walleyes from 2 pm to 5 pm and kept 7.  Last Sunday we were only out for about 2 hours and caught 7 but released them all.  Went out Thursday's catch is listed above.  Still doing pretty good off the beach at night as well.  Alot of activity off School Point and Priest's Point and everyone seems to be catching walleyes.  Most are using a jig and minnow but leaches have been very popular at the bait shop as well.

The sunfish bite is always great but there are some really nice half pounder plus being caught in 12 to 16 feet of water.  Slip bobber and panfish leach is really good but they also like the waxies and crawlers.  Pencil reeds by Minnewaska House and around to the west side of Priest's Point are great spots...just about anywhere really.

Crappie are still being caught in the pencil reeds.  I would expect that crappies can be caught out from Peter's Resort as well but have not heard any reports yet.

Bass and pike everywhere.  The kids and weekend visitors are really having a great time with all of the fish being caught.

Looks to be a great weekend...not to windy, mostly sunny and warm.  About time!

We still have some shinners in, all sizes of leaches and the other regular items.  There is a hand drawn map at the counter to help you out as well.  Take a kid fishing...you can have more lines down.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!