Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear harvest  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
So, do we have any lucky bear hunters with a story and/or a picture to share? :fudd:
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline wischunter08

• Outdoorsman
My dad is a meat cutter, so he does bear and deer processing during the seasons, and we got 2 bear coming in tonight already!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
That is it? Only one story? Nobody else has had any luck yet? Could be. I have spoke with many hunters and a couple outfitters. One is a fairly good sized operation and they have only taken 9 bears so far. Guess that is why they call it hunting. I have several clients that returned with out a bear so far. Many said they will be going back to give it another shot a little later.
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
It was tough for me and a couple other bear hunters to get days off work with Monday being a holiday, and the first day we could hunt.

I'm about 62 minutes away from leaving my house and heading up to my bait sites so I should have a good story by Tuesday or Wed.  :happy1:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline NDGUY

• Outdoorsman
well,I'm not a great story teller but... our baits were all hit after dark until wed when it cooled down a bit. On thurs. I hunted a test bait and at 737 I heard some leaves moving in the swamp and it was diff. then those chipmonks with elephant feet or the red sq. driving a truck around, if you know what I mean, :taz: well anyway the bear showed up walked around a bit and was walking funny he had a bad right front foot so he walked on his wrist so he took his time came into the bait and finally offered me a good shot, My arrow went in behind his last rib and stuck in the far shoulder blade he went 80 yds and was down. I shoot a 55# recurve and gold tip arrows with a 125 magnus 2 blade. after pulling him 6 in at a time we finally got him to the 4 wheeler and loaded then to camp on the scale at 260#, skinned and 1/4 and packed in the cooler a long night.Back strap on the grill :chef: :toast: Today at home green scored @ 19" its my 3rd book bear :dancinred: o ya and it was my b-day too!!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
No such luck,

Hunted three nights, the only night I had any action was Friday. One small bear came in to the site and munched on my cornmeal mix, and another larger bear came in but skirted the woods and didn't clean the baitsite out until I had left. The following two nights were fruitless as I didn't see anything.

Talked to a couple hunters that were in the same area as me and they said that thier sites were cold after Friday night.

Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields