Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wondering when you start harvesting certain animals?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline tazmn01

• Outdoorsman
I want to start trapping with my son. Went out when I was younger but was wondering when to start for coon,coyotes,muskrat, ect around the metro been awhile and do not want to go out to early.
Any info appreciated.
Camp, fish, hunt hard as a family. And pray God finds you as a keeper when it is all over.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yotes are open year round but they don't start to prime up til end of oct or early nov. Usually they start to prime by the time fox/coon season opens up. Water animals prime up later and season starts on them in early nov.

When the seasons open the critters are usually not fully prime but getting close. Some yrs they prime up sooner than others. Hope this helps.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline rod-man

• Outdoorsman
I aggree with Griz
wait till water season
no bugs, better fur
Be safe  share the water <*)}}}}}><~~~~

Offline tazmn01

• Outdoorsman
Camp, fish, hunt hard as a family. And pray God finds you as a keeper when it is all over.