Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team "Camp Rack em Up"  (Read 20020 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Use this area to get to know your team members and keep tabs on eachother. Post reports, team name discussion, motivational speeches or whatever else you would like to use it for.  :happy1:

Team #3:
Jewel
DaKids
MnMoose
« Last Edit: October 10/07/08, 03:02:29 PM by Tim »

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How about

Camp brown its down
Camp one shot kill
Camp Rack em up
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
I will put my vote in for Camp Rack em Up   :toast:  My second choice is Camp Brow its Down.  I like the Rack in the first one  ;D

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"Camp Rack em Up" it is then.

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey guys I like that one for some reason!! So since were on the same teams lets get to know each other a bit!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I put your official name in as Camp RACK Em Up and Jewel, just for you, I put it in pink.   :happy1:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Don  :woot:  :woot:

Well to get to know me a bit........................... My name is Heather aka Jewel.  I live in North Central MN.  Have been hunting since 12   :fudd:.  I hunt in zone 246 but since I did not draw a doe tag I am going to do the early doe season in 241 also.  My parents live in 241 and have a ton of deer around their place but we have always hunted at my great grandparents place in 246, which now my parents own, and of course has fewer deer.  Guess it makes for a harder hunt, and a good hunting tradition  :scratch:

I am also going antelope hunting in MT next week so hopefully I will be able to get some points for the team and keep up my end!!!!!

Go Team RACK em UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My name is Jerry
40 this year on Nov 12
4 kids
married 16 years
I'm a realtor and work at UPS part time for insurance
Best buck was last year, 13 pointer with a broken brow tine and a broken G3, scored only 138and weighed 230
Best scoring buck was a 9 pointer that scored 152   7 years ago
Goal is to get 3 deer for the freezer (daughters orders)
I now hunt North of Remer (zone 170?) but have hunted in all 4 corners of the state and enjoyed this area the most.
DaKids

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 :toast:
Well I started this so I can hopefully make a decent finish.  My name is Mike 29 divorced two daughters Meghan and Mikayla who also love the outdoors.  I am blessed with all kinds of places to go hunting.  I am at heart a deer hunter.  However not too much to brag about.  Biggest buck is a ten pointer taken four years ago dressed 205 scored 130's.  I missed my trophy last year.   I reside in the northern suburbs and do the majority of my hunting in Glenwood MN on a farm where I spent most of my summers.  I also did not draw a retarded doe permit so hope to get a couple of does this weekend at a friends deer camp north of two harbors.  Hopefully get it done early so I can pop some grouse and do some fishing!! Shoot straight Jewel.

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the advice guys it must of worked!!!!!!!  Do you know where we are supposed to post the pictures of the deer we get??  I will send a PM over to Don,  unless I missed it someplace, who knows!

Jewel

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Congrats Jewel!  Nice looking Doe.   :toast:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Congrats Heather, nice looking doe.

Please tell us the story in the forums somewhere.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
I will just post it here in Team Rack em Up home page  ;D

I hunted the early doe season in area 241 at my parents house.  I typically don't hunt this area but since I did not draw a doe tag I figured why not.  I had one other smaller doe hanging out at my stand when this one came out.  She was a whopping 40 yards away.  I figured I would try shooting her in the neck, a shot I have never tried.  Well it worked, she just fell right over.  And yes I did gut her myself  :queen: then walked back to my parents house to get some help hauling her out. 

I shoot a Remington 6mm model 7, my dad bought it for me when I was 12.  He also put a Leapold scope on it several years ago when he upgrade his own.  What size I have no idea, I just know I love my gun!!!!!!!!!!!!  I actually shoot left handed with a right handed bolt.  So I really need to get it in the first shot, but if needed I can shoot right.  It took me many years of practice to be just as steady with either left or right.

The deer will be going into canning jars.  I can most of my deer meat saving the loins and back straps for frying in butter   :popcorn:  And yes I cut up my own deer also.  I did have some help skinning it, nothing like a strong man to pull down the hide!!!!!!   :dancinred:

I am the only one in my hunting party who does the early doe season.  Others think it will mess up the normal opener.  I disagree.  Though we don't make any drives or really move the deer around.  I just went out in the morning and 30mns later shot my deer and left.  Its great!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
GREAT looking doe Jewel!!!!!  :fudd:  We are on the board.  :toast: Looks pretty taste, :woot:
Time to  :toast:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 :happy1:  Nice job Jewel!!  And yes you were right - posting the pic here is perfect.  Sorry I didn't explain that sooner. 

Now there is a 3 way tie for first place. 
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Great Job Jewel!!  :toast:  Boy, you must of been worn out after that "1/2 a day" hunt ... :oops1: I mean that "1/2 hour" hunt!!  ;D Now, that's my kind of hunting right there! LOL! It seems like everything about your hunt went perfectly that day!  It's always great when you have the "one shot drop" and then an extra added bonus was having a nice strong man along to help with the skinning!! Seems like it was the ultimate hunt! (well,...everything accept for the guttin' part..you know me,  :puke: )   So, are you done for the season?  Or do you get to rack some more up for your team?
   :woot:  Anyway, Congrats on the nice doe...time to celebrate!  :woot:

~gg

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys!!!  Yea it was a ton of fun, no freezing, no waiting, just went out and got it done  ;D

I will still hunt regular season and this weekend me and my other half are going to MT antelope hunting.  We just bought over the counter doe tags.  I love antelope!!!!!!!

Yesterday we got the deer all cut up and canned.  It is a bit of a job but this winter it will be nice to have the meat in the freezer and on the shelf!!!

MNMoose did you have any luck this weekend???

Ohh yea and she is pretty tasty, we had the tender loins and fresh potatoes from the garden sat night  :toast:    :toast:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Way to go Jewel! :bow:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Big doe! Good job! mmmm....tenderloins..... :toast:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Very nicely done Heather.  Yes I ended up having a great weekend filling both my tags and shooting grouse and also doing some fishing

My Deer were harvested about 45 minutes due north of Two Harbors.  I shot them minutes apart at 7:15 am.  I used my Remington 870 with iron sights and Hornaday Slugs.  2 shots 2 Kills!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/14/08, 07:16:55 AM by MnMoose »

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice does MNMoose  :toast:  :toast:  :toast:  Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!!!

Camp RACK EmUP  :rocker;  :rocker;  :rocker;

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great job MnMoose!!!!   :toast:  I think we have a new leader in the clubhouse. :happy1:
 :woot: Jewel and MnMoose please feel free to upgrade your does to a 10 point buck or larger.

MnMoose how did you find your hunting spot? 

Hopefully I can hold up my end of the deal, I am starting to feel some pressure.  I will have 2 weeks to shoot a doe.  I have about 15 does that are comming to the food plot on a nightly basis.  We also have seen A monster of a buck a few times (no trail pics yet).  He doesn't come to the plots at all.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good Job MnMoose.   :fudd:
Congrats on the two deer.   Now you can concentrate on the big ones.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well I've spent most of my life hunting farmland in west central MN with the fam.  Just this year I finally got invited to my best friends deer camp. His dad was so excited to have me join them after learning how nuts I am about hunting.  See my buddy isn't like most of us.  Daddy built his stand he drives the wheeler right to it, bang dead deer and dad kinda takes over from there.  I dont dislike em for it, but he's a meat hunter and I dont think he grasps the whole hunt. 
So I've been doing my homework, and early scouting, I was actually up about a month ago and stumbled across an older clear cut and the popples were growing in like one or two acre parcels with lanes of tall grass splitting them up and I found that the far edge had some nice trails in and out of it, and to my eyes the whole corner edge was plum full of both mature and new young cedars.  Jackpot.  I threw my ladder stand up only to 10 feet and got outta there.  Now my concern was Moose and Moose hunters because we get those almost too frequently where we hunt.  Not the hunters but the hunted!!  Not a prob on Sat morning though I was finished by 7:15 am.  went back later that afternoon and threw a trailcam out just to see what'll happen in the next week!!

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Very nice deer for Jewel and MnMoose. Glad to see some people having success early.

Jewel I have never had canned venison but sounds good. I have had just about everything else canned but not venison.

Good luck upgrading this year.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Checked out my dad's stand this morning and hung a trail cam by it. On the way out with my son we jumped a doe and her 3 little ones.  They were only 30 yards from his stand.  The one little fawn got up a little bit later than the rest and took a short cut to catch up to ma.  The little guy ran right past my son.  Only about 10 feet from him.  He turned to look at me with that big eye look and said "Did you see that."  What a great experiance.  Looking forward to the hunt with the kids next year.

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Those are Good Times to treasure.  Its memories like that, that we thrive for and when one happens we  want another to happen.  I'm Glad you got to get out and take care of business, bummed you didnt see that 11 pointer you need haha!!  I got faith in ya findin a good one!!  Well I'm off this week to go up and check out the trailcam and shoot some of those dumb little trail birds they call grouse!!  have a good one!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got a few trail cam pictures over the week end. Here is one of the "TWINS"

Offline MnMoose

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
healthy!!!!! Mine were empty over the wknd and also last.  movement has changed

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I made an unexpected run up north yesterday.  Switched out the sd card and found a few nice surprises.  MnMoose find a scrape and put your camera there.