Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team "Double Lung"  (Read 18955 times)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Congrats Cody, nice looking doe :rocker;
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Good job Cody.  :woot:  Sorry about your finger.   :oops1:  Better make sure that thing is cleaned out good.  I'll get your points up soon.

I get out next weekend up Nort at a friends cabin in a secluded super double top secret area.  I'll have my 2 boys with me so you know what that means -- some deer is gettin thar butt whooped!    :fudd: :deer:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
well i got another one this morning guys another small doe. ill have pictures up tommorow of that one also. its time to pile the deer up all these small deer are over running the area :banghead:. im waiting for a buck to wander by :deer:, but until then im going to keep whacking the does. :fudd:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Dang Cody.  Maybe we should have named our team "Whack em and Stack em."

Good job.  I'll put your tie breaker up right away.

:fudd:  :deer:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
GRUTE anything to report yet? i passed on 2 huge does friday night and decided that ill take them if they came back on saturday well they didnt come back.....but MY HUGE BUCK CAME BACK but i was on the WRONG END OF THE WIND :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i had just got off work on saturday evening at about 4:15 so i just threw on the blaze vest grabbed the slug gun from the truck and went back out the stand that i had seen the does in. well i jumped them when i was walking to the stand, i got up in the stand (only stands like 7 feet off the ground) and grunted 2 times the wind was blowing down into gully or watever you want to call it and the BUCK I HAVE BEEN AFTER pokes his head around the brush pile and then turns and runs with me kicking myself the whole time and  :censored: :censored:  :cry: :cry: :cry:  :banghead: :banghead: i felt so dumb i wanted to  :puke: and i went out this morning but couldnt stop coughing so i called it quits way before i wanted to at 8am was on my way out and jumped the other big deer that had been spotted around the area, they say he is a 14 pointer but i couldnt count the points. so i ruined my 2 chances at to huge bucks so im really ticked off :taz: :taz: :taz:

Offline wischunter08

• Outdoorsman
You know what....I forgot all bout the tie-breaker thing.  I shot a doe 2 weeks ago and didnt take any  :censored: pictures!  Ooops....my bad, that's all right tho.  I got a good spot scouted out for rifle season here so hopefully things will turn out.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
No biggie.  We'll do our best to catch up with these other guys so hopefully a tie breaker isn't going to make a difference.

I got skunked for the firearms season.  I will not have another chance to get out with the gun.  So my annual donation to the DNR has been submitted. :banghead:  The first weekend I was sitting with my 12 year old as he hunted.  No gun in my hand at all.  Then last weekend, we went to our normal hunting spot and didn't even see a deer.  There wasn't much sign either.  I know a guy up there feeds them which I think causes them to herd up on his property once the guns start getting fired.  Thats just my opinion but I've had problems with him in the past where he has interfered with our hunts and even been so bold as to ask us not to shoot bucks "because they're so pretty to look at."  Oh-kaaaaaaaay.

Well I can probably come up with excuses all night but it has come down to bow hunting for me for the rest of this season.  I have my Metro Bow Hunt this weekend and I plan on not letting anything get past me.  I know where I want to set up my stand already and will be there for Friday evening stand then all day Saturday and Sunday.  I'll stay up in stand all day both days.  Then Im also working on getting into another spot but I have some work to do first. 

Offline wischunter08

• Outdoorsman
Well, i'm headed out at about 5 in the morning tomorrow for the first day of rifle season here in Wisconsin.  Wish me luck guys, and as always good luck to you.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
any big deer yet?

Offline wischunter08

• Outdoorsman
Took a little buck on accident no reason to even submit it here for a tie breaker.....only 2 countable points one antler had been broken off.  I wasnt even in my blind for two minutes (NO LIE) when he walked in.  It was nuts.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
hey a deer is a deer. some wont even have a chance at one. if you have pics go ahead and submit them or atleast let your team mates see them lol

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK my MBRB hunt is over and my blood pressure has come down enough that I can log in and not be rude.  Let's say it didn't turn out well.  The park was supposed to have so many deer that they needed a deer removal program but I only saw one in 2 weekends, one pile of droppings, and one set of hoof prints near my stand (in fresh snow Saturday morning).  We're restricted to a specific location and no ground shots so we can't get down to stalk nor just move our stand at will nor hang multiple stands.  I might try again next year but I'm not sure.

Well Im still in with Bucks & Buckthorn and a friend who hunts there said he saw MANY deer moving last weekend so I'll be hunting there as much as I can fit in after Thanksgiving.

Yeah Wischunter08, go ahead and post up your pics and fill us in on the story.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Don't feel bad grute, I been hunting that area for over 25 years and the last 2 years have been terrible for amount of deer seen, a whole lot of afton residents are anti hunting and so many feed the deer, it really hurts the hunters. I still have a week of shotgun to get another, but it has been tough. I use to see 30 to 40 deer a day, now ilm lucky to see anything. The deer are there just nocturnal and they hang in city limits where they are being fed, the corn just came out this week too, so that may help.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i screwed up big time guys :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:...let you guys down and myself down. came down to the moment of truth and i guess i couldnt handle the truth because i messed up on shooting the big one.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:the big deer i been hunting and i messed it all up. couldnt of asked for a much better shot. :sorry: :fudd: plain as day i pretty much missed an easy shot, i just gave him a shave is all i did. :surrender: :surrender: i couldnt feel worse than i have for the past couple days about it because ill probably never get a shot at that deer again. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aaaawww buck up Cody.  I'm sure you will get another crack at him.  You saw him before and will most likely see him again.  I think you two are on a first name basis by now.   :fudd:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Don't sweat it Cody.  He'll be back.  I don't think their memory is THAT good.  He may switch trails but will probably stay in the same general stomping grounds.  I saw lots of deer this weekend but no shots.  I had a beautiful buck but he was too  far away and on my wrong side.  I would have had to take a shot 2X farther than Im proficient at and also do a 180 in my stand; Im sure he would have busted me.  I also saw a buck chasing a doe with his nose down so that makes me think they're still breeding which is good -- keep on moving.  I also had a stare down with a little doe.  I had already decided I wouldn't shoot her but would hope that a bigger one would follow her in.  Well she backed out and went WAAAAY around me to the far end of this pond I was sitting over and drank from a hole they have developed in the ice.  I saw way over a dozen just Saturday alone but no good shots and no respose to any calls.  I'm speaking their language but I guess I have a bad accent.   :bonk:

Here she is getting a drink:

Here she is leaving:

We have over a month to catch those guys so let's be hopeful.  Don't give up too soon; dat der tirdy pointer is still out der.   :deer:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don, don't you just like how they give you that one last "look" before they leave the area. :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Yeah and she winked at me too. 

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i WHACKED ONE MORE this time it was with my bow and i was still hunting...his right side main beam is broken but he is esentially(sp) a 8 pointer, so you can count it either way, i almost forgot to take pictures of him but i remembered after i was done skinning him. pics will be up shortly

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Two first timers in one day! Congrats, can't wait to see a pic.

Alex
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well here it is

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Good for you!

I'm just happy to see the ba$#rds running away from me this time of the year let alone stick one with a bow!
-WC Fields

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i had to get out of the stand and do some still-hunting, seen 2 does bedded on the ridge and this boy was only 40 yards away from them, stalked to about 30 yards came over the ridge slightly he seen me draw and stood up, but it was already to late for him. i would let this one pass early in the season but this is a good late season buck...also im sure the deer in your area have been pressured way more than the ones i hunt, there to use to hearing gun shots, so when slug season roles around these ones dont notice anything different. lol

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
you get the points Grute??? you let the string go yet on one??

Offline wischunter08

• Outdoorsman
Hey guys just wanted to wish you both an early Merry Christmas!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas Guys. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :rocker; :rocker; :snow4: