Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team can't shoot for Sh*t  (Read 28187 times)

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I think mine have been added.  Grute could probably give you a better answer.

Offline only$250

• Outdoorsman

First of all, GG, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!  I'm new to this site, but I can tell by the high level of BS, that there are a bunch of good people involved!

Ryan, check your email for the photo of me and my two deer...I'll have my 11 year old show me how to add them when he has a couple of minutes...ha!  I do have the instructions....thank you!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Ryan did you add all you deer and only 250 deer to the score board?

I believe they are.  Go to the score board and scroll down to that team.  Each hunter's deer should be right next to their name.  Let me know if I missed anyone.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design

First of all, GG, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!  I'm new to this site, but I can tell by the high level of BS, that there are a bunch of good people involved!

Ryan, check your email for the photo of me and my two deer...I'll have my 11 year old show me how to add them when he has a couple of minutes...ha!  I do have the instructions....thank you!

I don't see an email from you.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
only's are not on the board
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Sorry about this.  I got this photo emailed to me and I got confused as to who it was so it took a while to figure out.  :bonk:  Anyway, here is Only $250 with his deer:

*****  WRONG PHOTO *****  This photo was of a different member and has been removed by their request.  Please make no reply or comments about this.

Sorry about the delay there.  You'll get a bill for the photo processing but don't worry, it's "Only $250".   :rotflmao:  Oh Im so funny!  I should do stand up shows.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 10:22:48 AM by Don Mcgruder »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see a hunter and gun but where is the deer.... Oh, I thought that was his boots.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline only$250

• Outdoorsman
LOL....that isn't me!  Remember...I "can't shoot for sh*t".  My photo is with my son, and the two does that I shot.  Grute?  Thanks!

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Man who's ever that deer is it is not even gutted out!!! The worst part is that you could carry that thing out over shoulder ungutted and not even now that it was on your back. I think that my 5 year old weighs more than that fawn does.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
LOL....that isn't me!  Remember...I "can't shoot for sh*t".  My photo is with my son, and the two does that I shot.  Grute?  Thanks!

:banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:

I could have sworn I finally got it right.  Well who the heck is this then??   :scratch:   :scratch:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
OMG, this is getting funnier by the minute!  :rotflmao:

...I really have to get my pictures downloaded on to my computer so I can show you all what a REAL DEER looks like!!  ;D

~gg

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yah Yah Yah we have been hearing that crap for a month now about how big your deer is and how no one else got anything close to what you shot, blagh, blagh, blagh, now you come on here and tell all of us three days ago that you would show us this fabulous deer and yet still no deer pics. I am and I am sure that the rest of us are now starting  believe that all of this hype is just BS!!!!  :bs: So I am going to say that you better either produce a picture or else!!! I think that if you do not put up pretty quickly we are going to have to revoke your queen :queen2: like status on the site and demote you back to just being the princess. WE WANT TO SEE THIS BIG BUCK AND IT BETTER BE SOON!!! Heck it has been a month since rifle season now, I am sure that the deer is plenty well aged. LET'S SEE IT!!!!

Later JD

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes Lex I am calling her out!!! There is a little pot stirring going on as well. But there better be a pic and soon.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

GG asked me to post a picture of here deer from this year.  So, here it is.  It's a nice buck!!  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
She sent me a different one and asked to have it used as the picture of the week.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I just found the picture only250 sent me.

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I see that I am not the only  one that is tired of all of the BS she has been slinging around so now we have several people calling her out, makes one wonder if she did or didn't doesn't it? She probably shot one that like ryan posted for pic of the week and now she is embarrassed to show us a picture, so  she is dragging her feet on getting it posted hoping that we will soon forget about it and let it go.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

This is GG with her big buck :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 10:26:10 AM by Pegg »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
OKAY ALREADY!!!!!

My God, you got me shakin' over here, how DARE you even THINK about taking my  :queen2: "QUEEN" status away!!  I can handle ALL the smack talk you gals can dish out, but now you've gone too far, and went to a place that NOBODY should ever go!!  training-087

I will get my kids in bed shortly here, and then I will get my "TROPHY(S)" posted so you can all relax a bit.

I know it's been a while, I apologize for that, but for God's sake:

DONT EVER MESS WITH  :queen2: - ....that will get you nowhere! ...unless of course you like dog houses!  ;D

...pictures coming soon!

~gg
« Last Edit: December 12/12/08, 10:13:52 PM by GirlGuide »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

For some reason, my pictures are turning up too small, so you can't read my quote above.  It says:
Okay, so his antlers may have got a "little"
messed up on the 4-wheeler ride back to camp.

...or I mean, I THOUGHT he had antlers before
we got back, I was almost SURE of it!

....so, it wasn't the "BEST" year for me.  I still
had you all in suspense for a little while, and
that was almost the most fun of all! 

Okay, I was going to post some pictures of me with a MONSTER BUCK...but I KNEW you gals would NOT fall for that, because by now if you KNOW me, you KNOW that IF I got a Monster Buck it would have been posted in here about 10 seconds after I shot it!!

Anyway....here is my deer from this season, it's the one with the HUGE ANTLERS, it's right in the middle the one I am pointing at...C'mon, THAT was KIND of funny, ...right? ...maybe, not so much! LOL! But I hunted my ass off this year, we went out almost every single morning, and we never came in until sundown.  I FROZE MY BUTT OFF!  There was only a couple days that we slept in and didn't make it out in the morning.  And that was only due to the fact that the night before I always made sure my husband had a full beer about every half hour...thinking, praying and hoping, that I didn't have to be out there again for another sun-up to sun-down hunt in the cold!  On those mornings, he'd say "ah, did you want to go out this morning?" ...and I'd say "sure, whatever you want to do!"  ....then he'd say just the right words, "Maybe we should sleep in for another hour or so....and then about 4 hours later we'd get up.  I LOVED every second of those mornings!!  And it worked like a charm, everytime!  They never happened though until after we both got a deer.)  So then it didn't matter to me if I was out there from morning until night because the wind was horrible this year, and it is the first year ever that I didn't get my deer on opening day.  I saw a glimpse of two deer on opener, but couldn't get a shot off at either one, nor did I try, they were heading back into the woods and I didn't even see them until it was too late.  The wind was so strong and if you didn't see them, you certainly weren't going to hear them first.  On Sunday, I again sat out there for another 13 hours or so, (and I'm not even kidding a little bit!), I saw nothing on Sunday.  Finally on Monday, I shot the one your looking at below, and yeah,...it's a button buck.  But by that time, I was just happy to see a deer!!  After I shot him, and my husband came over and gut it out, (no I don't gut my own deer, nor do I ever have ANY intentions of doing so!  Give me all the crap you want about it, it won't make the least bit of difference to me, ...it's just never going to happen, that's just a fact!)  Anyhow, now where was I?  Oh yeah, my husband came and gut my deer...wait, I should first tell you about when I shot my deer.  I saw him coming in about 50 - 60 yards away, I was very calm for some reason, which I'm not normally.  I watched him walk in, I marked a spot ahead of him a little bit, waited until he walked into it, set it right on his shoulder and shot.  ...Then the deer did not drop, he just ran off a little bit, but never fell down.  So then I'm worried that he is going to go up and over this hill and down towards a swamp.  I can still see him, but only a glimpse of him here or there.  I pretty sure I got him with the first shot, but it must not have been a very good shot, because he's still standing.  I pull my gun up and he is mostly covered by trees, I try shooting 2 more times at him, once at his neck when I saw it pop out, and once at his head.  I'm pretty positive, I didn't hit him either of those times, but I thought I should at least try before he heads on down to the swamp.  Well, after I take those second "useless" shots, he starts coming my way, not running, but coming at a pretty good speed.  He starts coming my way, and then I realize I do not have any more bullets in my gun!  And NOW I have the shakes AND I have to reload...SH*T!!  He is now directly UNDER MY STAND.  He is injured, but apparently NOT good enough.  So, in my head I'm thinking "okay, just stay right there, I'll be just another second or two, gotta reload so I can shoot you right underneath my stand"!  I even peaked over my railing once to make sure he was still there, and Oh my God, this was ridiculous!  So I reload my clip, put it in, stand up, pull my gun up, as he is looking RIGHT at me, and I shoot him again!  This time I can see I shot him right through the shoulder, BUT I was at such an angle, the bullet goes in through his shoulder and goes down at an angle toward his stomach and back legs.  So....off he goes running again.  OMG, this is the deer that would never DIE!  I pull up my rifle, shoot him one more time, and FINALLY he drops!  I hit him 3 out of the 5 times.  I have no idea what was wrong with my first shot, and why he didn't go down then.  It seemed like the perfect shot...but it sure wasn't!  While I waited for my husband to come over, I called my dad in the hospital and told him I shot my deer, he seemed pretty happy for me, and even chuckled a little bit after I told him the story that I just told you all. He say's "well, sometimes, it just never goes the way you think it's going to go".  Boy is that ever true!  So after my husband came over and gut my deer for me, we went back to hunting.  I decided to go down by the swamp, it was getting colder and I wanted to walk a bit.  So I get down there, and there are highways everywhere!  I go right in between where a bunch of them meet up and I back up a few yards, find a log, get my self situated and sit for an hour or so and I can hear one coming in...but I'm not sure which highway he is coming from, and I'm not kidding there was A LOT of highways.  Finally, the deer are close enough that I can tell where they are coming from and it is the one that is DIRECTLY in front of me.  I am sitting about 5 feet from where they are going to come out of the woods.  That was freaky!  I wasn't sure what was coming in, and I was totally nervous.  If you know me, I never really venture too far from my stand or anything, so this was all new to me.  Well, out comes the first DEER (thank god, it was a deer)...and then the second deer, they are going at a pretty good speed.  The first doe comes out and she stops right in front of me, maybe 10 feet at the most, she's a really good size doe.  But I waited to see the other one come out behind her, nope, no buck...looks to be her fawn.  Anyway, the doe stomps and snorts at me.  I pulled my gun up, but MY GOD SHE WAS SO CLOSE, I just couldn't do it. ...I put my gun back down and watched them both trott away.  It was cool and I liked knowing that I wasn't a person out there just to shoot anything and everything, besides it was a fun day, and I already shot one a few hours before that, and I had the whole rest of the week left still.  Well, just a few short minutes later after I passed on those deer, I hear BOOM, BOOM, BOOM....Yup, that'd be my husband, ...he shot them both. They were the only deer he saw the whole week.  So I guess it's a darn good thing I let them go for him huh?  It's what any NICE WIFE would do for her husband!!  (I didn't want to listen to him whine all week about NOT getting a deer, lol!)  Sometimes when I feel really bad, I let him sit in my stand....they refer to my stand as "hamburger hill", because that is USUALLY where all the deer go down each year.   ...It just wasn't my year for the big one (<I know, that just sounds wrong!...no comments please!) ...but, well, maybe next year!  It was still a ton of fun!  So my pictures I know were NOT worth the wait, but my story, ...yeah, I'd say it was TOTALLY worth the wait, lmao...or maybe NOT!  ...sorry if I disappointed any of you!  ;)

~gg

« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 03:02:17 AM by GirlGuide »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Great reading gg. Thanks for those 2:00 am posts since it gets pretty quiet around here this early in the am on those sleepless nights.

:queen2:  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Great reading gg. Thanks for those 2:00 am posts since it gets pretty quiet around here this early in the am on those sleepless nights.

Thanks SMG!!  You poor thing, your so bored that you have to read my sad, pathetic story! LOL!
I'm glad you enjoyed it though!  I'm sure your just being extra nice, and going without much sleep must have A LOT to do with it!  Well, after reading that I am sure you will be able to sleep now!  Lee? Lee? Where'd ya go?  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;D  Have a good sleep Lee, I'm glad I could help! LOL! ~gg
~gg

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Thanks SMG!!  You poor thing, your so bored that you have to read my sad, pathetic story! LOL!
I'm glad you enjoyed it though!  I'm sure your just being extra nice, and going without much sleep must have A LOT to do with it!  Well, after reading that I am sure you will be able to sleep now!  Lee? Lee? Where'd ya go?  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;D  Have a good sleep Lee, I'm glad I could help! LOL! ~gg
~gg

Oh, no way! The wife just got up to take a quick whiz and I showed her your story. So, now she can't go back to sleep.  :doah: I can here the TV going in the other room. Sounds like she's watching one of those old black and white movies.

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
I'm going to TRY to post a few more pictures here, Im getting tired, hopefully this will work.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Okay, it's not working for me right now.  I will try it again tomorrow, it's 4 in the morning! 

I did shoot a big deer once though, REALLY.  And I know how to find that picture!!

AAAAAHHHHH, the good ol' days!! Let's all just take one more look at it, just for the heck of it!

;D ~gg .

« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 04:19:13 AM by GirlGuide »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
  ...and just one more! ;D ~gg

« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 04:52:07 AM by GirlGuide »

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So we only have one picture from 2008? I see a trailer of deer but no racks on any of them. Did you shot all of them or a party hunt. Any way looks like a good hunt. I thought we were going to see this big big that would make every one elses deer look small.  :nerd:for any racks

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Pegg,
I was having computer problems last night.  My screen froze up after I posted those pictures, it was 4 in the morning...and I was done!  Those last 2 pictures are NOT the one's I meant to post.  I am going to try it again now, and see if I can fix it.  And NO, none of us got ANY big racks this year, I was and usually am completely full of sh*t! ...that's just the way I am, lol!  Sorry to disappoint you!  My father-in-law got a small 6 pointer, but thats as big as the season got.

~gg

....but just wait...NEXT YEAR, I wll really have something to show you all!!  :rotflmao:  :bs:

~gg

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know you are. lol But thats why we all like joking around. Looks like a good hunt anyway.  :drinking: