Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LOW Report 6/27 & 6/29; Updated w/ Pics!  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Spent the day on LOW and the fishing was great. We caught a lot. We were on the water at 8 and started fishing at about 0915, by 1030 we had 21 fish in the boat. Here are some pics from the day. Full report when I get back in a few days....

« Last Edit: June 06/29/06, 10:26:35 AM by Mayfly »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well i'm back from LOW and all I can say is wow. What a great place to spend a few days. I stayed at Sportmans Lodge and they treat you like kings there! I didn't count how many fish we caught but we caught a lot! Highlights for our boat was a nice 29 inch fish! We also lost one that was just as big if not bigger. We spent the day trolling and drifting with spinners rigs, when we went for the big fish we down rigged. On Tuesday morning we downrigged to get enoug fish for a shore lunch and we caught fish about every 30 seconds. This was the first time I down rigged, at first I was skeptical and thought it wasn't really fishing but then I compared it to bobber fishing...just put the line in the water over fish and wait. Very easy ;) All in all it was a blast, i'm trying to figure out why I have never been to LOW!?! I will be back!

Shore Lunch

Nice 29 inch Walleye

A couple eaters for the box.

More than a couple eaters for the box ;D Fish ranged on average from 14 inches to 19 inches with the majority around 16 inches.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
In total there was 11 of us fishing. We split up into 2 boats. Here are some more of the bigger fish we caught. One of them was a fat 28 1/2 inch fish. These big ones are cuaght daily and as the summer goes on they get more common. This is the place to get a trophy! All of our big fish were released. I was one of the only guys that didn't get a big fish....probably because I was working :-\

Anyways here are some more pics......