Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team #11: Team Realtree  (Read 10130 times)

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Use this area to get to know your team members and keep tabs on eachother. Post reports, team name discussion, motivational speeches or whatever else you would like to use it for.   :happy1:

Team #11:  Team Realtree

Scott (Realtree)
Zotar
Flyingthree-nicorn
« Last Edit: October 10/24/08, 02:35:38 PM by Scott »
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
If all goes well, my son and I will be spending a couple hours on stand tmrw morning scouting for opening firearms weekend. He is still too young to hunt, but thinks he can sit still long enough to make it worth the trip out to the woods.

Either way, I know we will have a great time out in the woods together. It is such a blessing and enjoyment for me to see how excited he is getting about hunting season this year even though he understands he is still too young to join me and Grandpa (Zotar) in the woods during the season.

;)

Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Take your camera.  You can shoot deer with that year round.   ;D  I hope you guys have a great time.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Take your camera.  You can shoot deer with that year round.   ;D  I hope you guys have a great time.

Grute

Thanks Brother Grute!

The batteries are charged and it's in the knapsack!   :happy1:

Lil' Tree hasn't stopped talking about deer hunting or watching my Primos "The Truth" series DVDs since i pulled my ladder stand out from the top of the garage last month to touch it up. Every day after school the first thing he asks Mom when they walk in the door is if he can watch "The Truth" some more. I hope he doesn't lose that enthusiasm as he gets older!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 10/24/08, 11:15:57 PM by Scott »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Go Team Realtree !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/24/08, 11:32:29 PM by Scott »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
My 8 pt from 2004:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/24/08, 11:39:53 PM by Scott »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Oh man these guys have their own team gear made up.  Now we're all really in trouble!  Next we'll be seeing their commercials on TV.   :kermit:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure, first they hand pick their own team, then manufacture clothing with their logo.  Good lord what chance do the rest of us have. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Oh man these guys have their own team gear made up.  Now we're all really in trouble!  Next we'll be seeing their commercials on TV.   :kermit:

You guys should be seeing some of our new billboards going up around the north Metro here in the next day or two also....   :fudd:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
We will all be looking for those billboards RT!  ...but it shouldn't be too hard to locate them, we will just follow the pink tape trail that you used!  :rotflmao: 

~gg  :dancinred:

....don't forget your whistle tomorrow either, I know your USE to getting lost, but poor, sweet Lil'Tree shouldn't have to pay for it!  ;D  As a matter of fact..dont forget: your cell phone, a two way radio, extra batteries, a compass, a heater, pack a few meals for AT LEAST a couple of days, some extra blankies and pillows, and FOR SURE a change of underwear or two....Just be prepared this time RT, you should ALWAYS be ready to face the INEVITABLE!!  :rotflmao:

HAPPY HUNTING BOY'S~GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Rumar has it that Realtree has a zip line run to his stand this year.  He just clips onto the line and zips over to the stand.  ;)

When is Flyingthree-nicorn logging on to MNO?  We need to hear the story about the aliens landing by his stand.   ;D
« Last Edit: October 10/25/08, 01:51:29 PM by Dennis Servaty »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Rumar has it that Realtree has a zip line run to his stand this year.  He just clips onto the line and zips over to the stand.  ;)

When is Flyingthree-nicorn logging on to MNO?  We need to hear the story about the aliens landing by his stand.   ;D

I left a message for him but haven't heard back yet. I think they were camping for the last time this weekend so I'll wait til Monday afternoon to harass him again.

I always love hearing about the time the aliens landed by his stand, that stuff rite dar cracks me up!   :rotflmao:
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hockey #12 has a story about attacking munchkins.  I'll have him get on here so he and Flying3-Nicorn can console each other.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128

My son and I spent some time Sat out in the woods scouting...tooks some shots from the stand and of him in the stand. Can you tell he's excited to be in the woods?

Stand in upper left area at top of trail:

Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline JakerGreen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • MNO Junior Staff
What's up scott it's me Dennis's kid Jake. ;D
Waskish, there is no where else I would rather be.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
What's up scott it's me Dennis's kid Jake. ;D

Hey Jake, how are ya doin? Glad to see you joining us here on MNO!  ::welcome::

I hope to possibly get up to URL Deer Camp towards the end of the week or for second weekend with you guys, but I'm not sure if that will work out yet.  I know that you will have a great time with your Dad, Grandpa, Great Grandma and the rest of The Moline Gang this year at Deer Camp.  :woot:

Please be safe and have fun Jake! I'm very excited that you have such an interest in getting out with your family and enjoying all of the great things that the outdoors have to offer and I know your Dad and Grandpa are very proud of you as well. It won't be long and you'll be helping Dad and Grandpa teach O-man all of the things you have learned.  :happy1:

Take care Jake!

Scott
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Cool pictures Scott!

I love the woods.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
No place I would rather be than out in the woods this time of year either Tim!    :woot:   :fudd:   :happy1:
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
We hit the stands again this morning after taking Monday and Tuesday off to let things calm down and it worked out well. We were in our stands just before 6am and we both had  :deer: walking around our stands before legal shooting time.

Around 740am I spotted 3  :deer: creeping out of the thicket area that was behind me so I swung around in my stand and waited for them to meander down the path to my right side. When the approached an intersecting trail I gave them the old "MAH" and they stopped dead in their tracks so I took the largest of the 3 down with a well placed neck shot.

The other two turned to run back up where they had came from so I threw them another "MAH" and they stopped again. I put the crosshairs over the vitals of the larger of the two and squeezed off the shot. The :deer: kicked and ran back into the thicket and across to the river trail. After following the blood trail for about 150 yards, I saw ears sticking up over a downed log. As i crept closer I could see the top half of the  :deer:'s head and could see it was looking my way so I pulled up my shotgun from about 25-30 yards and inched forward til I could see the head and top of neck. I aimed between the eyes, pulled the trigger and the deer fell over.   :fudd:    :deer:

Both  :deer: which I thought were Does ended up being "Nub" bucks so we still had to use the Antlerless permits on them both. We still have 2 open Buck only tags for our party so we will be going out again trmw morning through Sunday night and see if we can't bring home some antlers! We will keep our active harvest streak alive for another year and have some venison to get through the  :cold: winter!

Good luck everyone and be safe in the woods!!

p.s. I have to charge up the camera battery as I forgot to after our last outing so I will have some pics posted by tmrw evening. 

Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Nice work RT!!!  Can't wait to see the pics.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Here's the pic from today's adventure in the stand. Just wondering, since I party hunt with Zotar (my Dad) and he had to tag the second deer with his anterless permit does that count as a Doe for him or is it an additional Doe for me to be used for a team tie breaker?

Ended up with a dead camera battery in the field earlier so I had to wait to get these boys home to snap the pic:

« Last Edit: November 11/13/08, 01:15:01 PM by Scott »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
CONGRATS RT!! :toast: Glad to see the pink tape I sent to you did the job and got you back home safe and sound!!

~gg
« Last Edit: November 11/13/08, 12:25:36 PM by Scott »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Thanks Dennis and GG!

We went out again this morning and were in the stands before 6am. It was lightly drizzling off and on and the winds were getting pretty gusty. Nothing moving around by 830 so I got down and walked the area in an effort to move something towards my Dad or my friend who was party hunting with us again today but there was just nothing in the woods in our area today.

I noticed there was still some corn standing on the west side of the river so I'm guessing the bucks are out there during the day with all the shooting over the weekend and earlier this week. They were picking that field today so hopefully all or most of it will be out by tonight or tmrw around lunch time to push the bucks back into the woods to chase the Does around.

We decided to take advantage of the dreary day and headed home to get some things done so we can sit the rest of the week til Sun night.

Stay safe in the woods!  :happy1:

Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman