Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2008 - 2009 Ice Fishing Season  (Read 3141 times)

Glock_22

:fishing2: With the weather getting cooler and it snowing today got me thinking about Ice Fishing. Lets start gearing up for Ice fishing by talking about it. Whats your favorite fish to catch? Anyone know of any local tournaments?  Pass along favoriate ways to prepare fish....etc  :fishing:

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
My favorite time of year.  :happy1:

We always have an MNO get together on the ice, not sure of the plans yet, but we will be announcing something soon. We have hosted 2 annual get togethers on Lake Peltier in Centerville Mn, this will be the 3rd annual, but we are hoping to get one more somewhere outside the metro area.

I fish for panfish and Walleye mainly, you can usually find me on the Chisago Area lakes, Rush, Peltier and quite a few trips up north, I'm also close to the Wisconsin border so jumping over to Polk county happens pretty often.

I'm a simple guy when it comes to preparing fish; egg, flour and crushed saltine crackers in the deep fryer is all I do.  :chef: I've tried a ton of different recipes but this is my favorite.

Many years ago, I used to target Thanksgiving as my early ice date, we haven't had safe enough ice in about 7-8 years so i wait until after the ice show in the beginning of December now. I always make the ice show at the Xcel center and pick up a few new goodies to try out, thats when I get really excited to get on the ice.

MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Pat, I would like to meet you I will be there working the show for Border View Lodge
Sounds like you do some good things for the up and coming fishing people in this
great sport we all enjoy :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

spuds
« Last Edit: November 11/07/08, 10:26:32 PM by spuds »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to sound like a kiss ass (oops too late) :whistling: , but Pat is a stand up guy! The GT's we have are alot of fun for kids of all ages....even us old farts.  In fact alot of folks here at MNO are even nicer in person!  Come to a GT and you'll see for yourself!

GT=Get together  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Woody, I am looking forward to meeting all of you. SEE YOU ON THE ICE :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2: :fishing2:
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Laci!  Crappies and Sunnies are awesome fish to catch!  And mighty tasty as well!  If you can talk your dad into coming to a MNO get together you just might be able to catch some there as well as maybe bring home some nice prizes too.   :happy1:  :dancinred:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
She will be there fishing with papa spuds :fishing2: :fishing2:
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So is everyone busy hunting??

I'm not much of an ice fisherman but if I do get out it will be after the first of the year when all of my hunting seasons are closed.

The most fun I have ever had catching fish through the ice was a few years ago up on Red. Slabs through the ice, can't beat that. I still would like yo make a LOW trip some year but it will not be this year.

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
If anybody wants some ice fishing info for LOTW  pm me your
name and address. I will mail you a brochure with the 08-09
ice fishing rates
« Last Edit: November 11/15/08, 10:46:18 AM by spuds »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline BK19

• Outdoorsman
    • keechracing
i fish mainly for sunnies and crappies but would like to catch some walley(lack of knowledge),i know i fish quite a few contest on ice on lake washington by st peter in southern mn and some other lakes lake francis is a great one the free hunter stew is awesome and lots of prizes i will post dates whe its that time in jan and feb i cant wait til har water and the mno get together me and my son will be there they sure are fun
my wallet is as empty as a monday morning church

Offline meadowcreek

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If the wind would just die down we would have a decent chance at some fishing by Thanksgiving.
Greg

Professional Ice Fisherman on Sabatical, and
Home Grown Chicken Farmer  (The Good Kind)
Always willing to help any fisherman find a place to stay or point them in the right direction on Upper Red Lake.
218-647-8679

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
If the wind would just die down we would have a decent chance at some fishing by Thanksgiving.

Hi Greg!  Good to see you!  I hope you are doing well.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back Greg!  I look forward to hearing about the hopefully good fishing up there this year! A guy can dream can't he?!   ;) Maybe it'll be excellent fishing!  :happy1: :whistling:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com