Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Canvas Craft Norpac Insulated Shelter  (Read 4132 times)

Offline DaveI

• Outdoorsman
Anyone else have one of these Canvas Craft shelters? I have a double-flip over and from what I hear, I can't wait to try it out! The Norpac insualted canvsa is really suppose to retain the heat. Double back-to-back seats, I believe, would be best for a double-flip, right? What else would you add?

Thanks

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i would definatly invest in a cover for the house. we have a fish trap double and having a cover while towing with a snowmobile is a must to keep your house clean. also if you haul on a trailer or in your truck it will keep the road sludge off. and finally during the summer months will help keep out mice and dust. good investment in my book
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline DaveI

• Outdoorsman
Good advise and I do have a cover. What are you using for a heater? My guess is, I wont need much. Should be able to try it out in about a week, it appears.

Offline Finlander

• Outdoorsman
I've had a Otter Magnum single from Canvas Craft for about 7 or 8 years. I do not have the Norpac and wish I'd have purchased it . I've been considering selling it to buy a double with Norpac.  Anyways I have always used a Big Buddy and it works fine down to -10 . After that or with a wind I use my Mister Heater/Cooker. I always set it up with the back to the wind and things will freeze in the sled. It feels like your sitting in the freezer with everything in front warm. If I set it up sideways to the wind it seems better. I'm thinking on cold days you might want a little heat on the other side to just help keep the holes open .Maybe one of those little Cat heaters . Hope this helps.

Offline mt

• Minnow
I've got the norpac on my otter lodge and I love it I agree buy a cover they might be at the ice show maybe get a deal

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
ya the back to back seats are the way to go. and what i use for heat is a sunflower on one side and a small mr hearter on the other side otherwise your feet will get cold because the sled will block all of the heat to the other side. if your going to stay in one spot for the night make sure you throw some snow on the bottom flap all the way around the house because any small gap will keep the ice and your feet cold.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline DaveI

• Outdoorsman
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was thinking about a sunfower heater on one side and I have this Mr. Heater Jr. for the other side, just like someone mentioned. If it gets too warm, I'll just use the Jr. heater.

Picked up some Nature Vision clamp on rod holders, too.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/08, 06:32:31 PM by DaveI »

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Alot of people use small computer fans to distribute the heat throughout the portable.  And you can wire them right to your depth finder battery if you don't want to carry an extra battery around.  It will also help keep the windows from fogging up too badly.  I run a big buddy heater in mine. (Eskimo QF 3)

I bought a ton of rope lights off of e-bay.  They are 12v, variable lengths and work ok.  But if I tie knots, then I put on my led headlamp.  It just isn't bright enough on it's own.  (However I do not have the same portable as you-I only wish!  :whistling:  I hope this helps some. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline DaveI

• Outdoorsman
That's right....the fan. I think I have one I was going to wire up. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't gotten into the LED craze, yet. I'm still checking other options.