Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: where are ealy ice pike  (Read 1578 times)

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am looking to go out and do some jigging here sometime this week hopefully and I was wondering where I should start looking.  :fishing2:
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline laker

• Outdoorsman
Matthew, Start out by doing your jigging in a lake:happy1: Specifically, try shallow bays at the weedlines. Perhaps a point coming off the side of the bay. Those kinds of spots work well for me.

Offline BigYooper

• Outdoorsman
This is a good site to share fishing information, just not to the masses.
PM me and I will let you know a good pike spot in the NW metro.

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
thanks BigYooper, but I was looking more for where in general should I start looking on any lake. I would hate to intrude on anybodies fishin hole. :fishing2:
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
shallow channels........old weedlines........weedlines sticking up through the ice........try to concentrate your jigging in less than 7 ft of water........when a pike smashes a jig.......make sure your leader is stout.......and semi strong reel drag.........

if you cut a hole........a size common for spearing.........darken your fish house........you can actually see how some pike ghost into the hole........and some flash and smash.........try a hole about 24 inches by 36 inches......i use a chainsaw........just tip the bar back so you dont get so wet........
trout whisperer author/guide