Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2008 BLA ICE/ FISHING REPORT!!!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i went out on a smaller lake in merrifield saturday. there was aobut 5-6 inches on most of the lake and with no snow it is building fast. i heard that the bigger lakes havent frozen over. round had four wheelers on it agian. i think someone won round lake the trophy again this year for falling through. my buddy said that there was wheelers 20 yrds from open water.

on this small lake we caught around 25 crappies between 3:00 and 4:30 right under the ice in 5 feet of water. we caught a few pike after the crappies started. ive heard reports of a good walleye bite on edward...
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline RandyMan

• Minnow
  • Enjoy the Experience
Just now seeing foot travel on smaller lakes in the area!
THE 2008 ICE SEASON HAS STARTED!! :happybounce:

See ya on the ice! :dancinred:
Enjoy the Experience

RandyMan

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
my brothers were out on north long tonight and they caught a couple walleye and some crappie in about 7' of water. anyone else been catching anything?

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone been out around the area. i think im going to head home tonight, for a couple days. i want to do some fishing and was wondering where and what the fish were biting.just a general depth and lure/ bait would be good thanks
steve

Offline RandyMan

• Minnow
  • Enjoy the Experience
Just came off the whitefish chain --- get going!!! fishing was insane busy - got a little of everything - fishing in the snow and wind. -- look for rock/sand bottom then find a patch of weeds - you are golden! :snow5:
Enjoy the Experience

RandyMan

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i went out a few days ago and we caught a few crappies and walleye with occasional pike. the biggest being a 30" pike and 28" walleye with 16" girth. caught them on an outside edge. im hoping to do some more in the near future.