Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new gear for the upcoming season  (Read 4324 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
so let's hear it!  Has anyone purchased anything cool or new for the upcoming season?  Have you seen any new products that you must have?

I bought a field blind for canada that'll have to sit in the garage until next year... that's about it.  And I bought some used decoys that I still need to go pick up. (mental note)

Havn't seen anything new yet that I must have.  Maybe something will stick out at the game fair.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I have on my list a new ground blind for deer hunting. hopefully i can find something with snow camo as well.
second, i am looking at the summit "goliath" climber stand, rated at 350 pounds. a little more re-assurance when i'm 20 feet off of the ground.
no guns for this year, but i have been eyeballing new-used bows  :-\
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I need to buy a new scope to put on my .243 for Jake.  Any pointers guys?  I need something cheep but good.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
look at SWIFT scopes  ;)
over the counter lifetime warranty.
several models, one I'm sure to fit your situation.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I haven't seen alot of new gear this year. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but after the last couple years, this is the year to be satisfied. Everything I have is good enough. :P

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Everything I have is good enough. :P

bite your tongue, you can never have enough... there is always room for improvemant and always something new coming along that you don't and must have. ;D
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
OK OK....I might have found one piece of new gear I probably can't live without. ::)
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
I bought a new custom recurve in june last year and it came in january for this season.  Also thinking of getting a ghillie suit soon.

Offline Dancing Bear

• Outdoorsman
Hey dudes, finally made it on here. Dr Bob, don't go cheap on the scope, I'm sending you a pm with my phone number give me a holler before you buy one. You can't go wrong with a leopold.....buy one once and forget about it.

I got a new smokepole at Cabelas when I was out in Mitchell SD for a couple weeks. TC Omega, blued not stained with a plastic stock. Then I had my buddies that work at Boyds make me a custom thumb hole stock for a grand total of ....$140 :laugh:
Took Monday off and shot it a bunch. It's a pain in the butt cleaning them but I got the hang of it after a while. Shooting into each other at 50 and 3" groups of 3 at 100 yrds. Have land lined up all over the place in SW MN for the second weekend, going to hunt them like birds. Good to finally get on here, missed a bunch of you knuckleheads.

DB

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi Marshall.? Welcome to MNO!? It's about time you showed up.?

How's yer Grandma? ;)

I'll have to chat with you about that scope.

Are you going on the MNO Pheasant Hunt?

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey jiggle may I suggest a new investment. How about a self loading smokepole. Well worth the money ;D ;D ;D
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing major as I can't afford the items on my list. Did stop by fleet, gander and sportmans today just to buy some shells and reloading supplies. Well lets sum it up this way I walked outta there with what I went there for. In addition I picked up a pair of insulated camo jeans, a double gun case for my ice rods, couple dozen mallard decoys, a couple camo shirts for myself and my boys first camo shirt that matched my hat that he was wearing. He thought that shirt was pretty snazy. ;D

The moral of the story is that a big kid should never go to a candy store with a check book.

Oh I forgot I got some soft plastics for bass that were on clearance.,

Whats on my list a 10 ga., 223 over a 12 for predators, a .270, winter camo, more ice fishing rods well hold it i'm already broke why am I dreaming. I haven't even started to mention boats yet.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds like you and Griz jr. had a fun time at the candy store ;D.? It sure is fun to spend money when you get what yer after!

Today I cleaned out a shed of mine and found lots of neat duck hunting goodies that I bought on clearance prolly 5 years ago and forgot about.? It was like an early Chrismas for Ol'Doc!

I may just have to do a little more cleaning of the buildings.? Lord knows what I'll find. ;D

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought some of that under armor clothing. That stuff is great. :o
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away