Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What kind of heater is best in a permanent house?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ICD

I have a new to me 8' x 6' wheeled fish house that I want to be able to sleep in. It needs a heater.

I have narrowed my search down to one of the 99.9% energy efficient $180 models, or an empire direct vent, $480.

That's a big difference in price! Who has experience with these two heaters?

Offline dennis

:taz:I HAVE HAD A 99% EFFICIENT STOVE FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS, IT HAS WORKED FLAWLESS.AS FAR AS SLEEPING GOES AS LONG GAS IT HAS A OXYGEN DEPLETION SENSOR ON IT YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE .

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of guys have the non vented heaters these days, theyre ok, kinda like a big heater-buddy but permanent & they are cheap... I have a vented empire in my wheelhouse AND put in a Co2 detector in... It makes me feel safe....

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
agreed, vented is the way to go if you can afford the extra $$
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
the ice house I've been in always seem to have enough ventilation coming up through the holes and with the door getting opened every so often I guess I just figured enough fresh air was coming in that way. but mind you these houses were either a clam or some frankenstein creation out of scrap wood.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline toledo_rocket

• Minnow
IMHO with newer fish houses being so much better insulated and airtight, vented is the way to go. It is safer and keeps the humidity level lower as well.

Rob

:fishing2:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
propane furnaces give off a lot of moisture, but being on the
safe side i would go with the vented furnace. i just dont trust
non vented heaters. check with camper world for rv type
furnaces.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Hoser

• Outdoorsman
Vented, no doubt about it.  It is worth the extra $300 to wake up alive every morning. 

Ya the non vented ones have safetys built into them but what it the safety device malfunctions, you wake up dead.  Not worth the chance.
Hawkeye!!!!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline tom fellegy

• Outdoorsman
vented...... that is the only way i would have it if i was sleeping in the house. the non vented are fine for a day use house. you are always going outside to pee, check the tip-up, talk to fellow fisherman and alike. better safe than sorry..................tom fellegy

Offline toledo_rocket

• Minnow

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
my neighbor and i bought a 7x12 with crank down wheels. we went with the vented for the very reason of be able to sleep in it. it's the only safe way to go.
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Wake up dead hoser???  LMFAO ! :rotflmao:
I had a good chuckle too!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Vented is the only choice if you plan to sleep in it.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337