Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: BWCA help  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
A friend at work is planning a trip to the boundary water area next summer, he's looking for information on houseboats and ideas of where to go. Vermillion is also on the top of his list.

Does anyone have a favorite place or recommendation on a houseboat to use.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The closest to the BDub prolly would be Birch Lake near Babbitt.  I'll find a link for the outfitter and post it for you.

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Actually there are two of them on Birch:

http://www.timberbay.com/

http://www.kinseys.com/

Offline mikelsc18

Hi there is a houseboat operation on crane lake mn on the western edge of the bwca also anderson canoe outfitters and on the bwca side is zups lake vermillion empties into crane lake

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome mikelsc18.  :)

You are correct, I forgot about Voyageur Houseboats on Crane.  Sure wish I could live on one of those things!  They are really sweat.

To clear up any confusion -  it is actually the Vermilion River that empties into Crane.  Beautiful county up there.  Voyageurs is much like the BDub w/o the bs rules.

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote Dr Bob
"Voyageurs is much like the BDub w/o the bs rules. "

-------------

10-4 on that bob, thats why we make several trips a year there..Awesome place
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Maybe we can hook up sometime for cocktails ;D.

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way you think ;D
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes