Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing this weekend  (Read 2063 times)

Offline prosonly

Dont usually fish on the metro lakes.  Looking for a good spot to take me 5 year old out and give him some exoosure to crappie/sunfish.  any good lakes you would suggest on the east side of the metro?

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I would suggest either chisago, Big Marine, or any up by lindstrom area
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
South Lindstrom out from the dinner bell usually gives up fish, but not much to keep.
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I have never gone onto green lake near forest lake without catching crappies. In the summer I swear I could drop a line anywhere and catch some crappies. Not a lot for size but I don't think a five year old would mind.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline prosonly

is the ice fine everywhere here in the metro?  If we go to Green or big marine should we follow the traffic or any other suggestions?

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I'd check with the local bait stores or possbly a lake map, sometimes the norm isn't always the best. I think the channel on green is usually a no go for vehicles, but around there is where i always caught crappies and walleyes in the summer.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline prosonly

has anyone had much luck on the croix this time of year?

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I have.  the crappies have been biting decently well near bayport with eyes and saugers thrown in for good measure.  look in the 30-40 FOW range

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
If you're taking your 5 year old out, the croix might not be the best idea.  kids that ago like quantity instead of quality.  they don't care how big the fish is, as long as they're catching them.  Taking your son out, I'd suggest green, linwood, the chisago and lindstom chains, big marine.  On big marine, I've had my luck in the eastern bay near the reeds in the middle of the lake in both hard and open water. 

Offline 2hounds

• Outdoorsman
I have taken my kids out to Demontraville Lake and they always keep busy on sunfish and sometimes a crappie or two while Dad keeps busy on tipups for Northern pike..My kids normally get bored themselves if their not biting. This lake has always kept them entertained..Good luck.. :fishing2: :happy1:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I have taken my kids out to Demontraville Lake and they always keep busy on sunfish and sometimes a crappie or two while Dad keeps busy on tipups for Northern pike..My kids normally get bored themselves if their not biting. This lake has always kept them entertained..Good luck.. :fishing2: :happy1:

Get many Bass through the ice out there??

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Not sure where you live but if you want some good action go to Green. I was out in 5 FOW this weekend and the action was non stop. Fish six inches off the bottom with an ant and euro larva and you will get a sunny everytime you drop down your hole. Don't even need a flasher or anything as you can pretty much site fish it. If you want crappies move up the in the water. At about 2 to 2.5 feet off the bottom the crappies are moving around. I use a little bigger jig tipped with a minnow head and was getting the crappies. Crappies on Green have to be over 9" and we did manage a few of them along with a decent perch and nice bass. Becarful of the channel between green and little green as that's never safe.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.