Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wheel house  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Sew Sille

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you were buying a fish house what would you buy? Why? Thanks :help: :snow4:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought an Ultra Shack from Franks RV a few years back, after looking at alot of others...  I still love it & Would by another when the time comes, but would definatly Line-X/Rhino-coat the frame, tongue fenders next time right when shes new...

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
That's a loaded question. Are you looking at having it on a resort or are you looking at moving it around some? Do you plan on spending a lot of time in it?

If you are going to keep it at one resort, I would go with a skid house and just leave it there. I would try to go at least 8 feet wide and then 14 to 18 feet long. Four bunks are good, stove, heater, lights. Wire it so you can use a generator as well. I would do all that and put wheels on it if I wanted to go lake hopping. Also, lights over each hole is a nice feature.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Sew Sille

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wheels anb bunks a must. Want to hall it to LOW, RED LAKE, BIG Sandy, MIlle Lacs< WHere ever.Thanks.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
In my opinion, the absolute best has got to be "The Lodge" by Distinct builders.  Their quality is top of the line, and they look great!  Sure, they might be a little more expensive than others out there-but you get what you pay for!  I don't own one, only been in them several times.  It's on my wish list.  Now to make mamma happy so later I can be happy in a Lodge of my own!  :whistling:

Here is their website:

http://www.ice-shack.com/index.htm

Oh and if you tell them I sent ya...they'll just look at ya like....  :scratch:  (Who the heck is he?)  ;D  (In other words, I am not affiliated with them in any way)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If you are going to be pounding it up and down the road for many miles I would buy one with a torsion axle.  I have seen a few in my day without mentioning any names with spindles broke off and tires hanging.  By the way.....most of them are made that way.  You have to search for one with a torsion axle.  Now if you're just going to go to the local lakes I'd say they all would be fine then.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood