Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice King Auger help  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Bscott

Hi, I have an old ice king gas auger with a chipper style blade on it....I am in need of a new blade and having no luck finding one!  Anyone know where I can get one, or if there are any other blades that might fit?  New or used doesn't really matter just need to find one!  Thanks!

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You could take the old blade to a store and find one where the holes are similar?
Or you could redrill the holes on the auger to fit a newer blade.  (just remember which one you put on for the next time)
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Do ya need a new one or get it sharpened?

Offline Bscott

Well, I sharpened the one I have and it is ok, but the guy I got it from did something to it...I am not sure what he did but it had no angle left on the blade, the teeth were flat, so by the time I got an angle cut back into it and got it sharp it had taken quite a bit of material off....so I am just a little concerned about how much life it has left.  It will get me by for now, but I would like to find a replacement before I need it, rather than doing all the searching when I need it and missing out on some fishing!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Vados bait in Spring Lake Park knows a guy they used to send folks blades in to for sharpening,  you could call them... next time Im in there Ill ask about the Ice King blades... yeah youd be suprised how easy it is to screw up auger blades... Been there, done that! :oops1:

Offline schmitty

• Minnow
you can also drop your blades off at the wilcraft shop in maplewood they have a guy that sharpens or might be able to duplicate that style blade

Offline Bscott

Thanks for the suggestions!  I will give both those places a call and see what they can do.... I really appreciate the advice.