Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: what is the rain doing to the lakes?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i havent been out recently but i have heard reports of roads being flooded under 12" of water and houses being in lots of water. is there any truth to this?? some people are saying to pull your perms off until it freezes up or they will be froze in big time.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Duckslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Covering them with water!?   :rotflmao:

Did not drive out onto the lake but drove by Shields and Mazaska last night and if I had a perm out there I would be pulling it before it froze again.  Looks to be at least a couple inches of water over most of the ice.  Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo
« Last Edit: February 02/11/09, 08:02:08 AM by Duckslayer »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not so much the rain here (we managed a paltry .03") but just the warm temps and wind swirling the snow melt water around the houses the past couple days can lead to disaster. Between the potential for going down or freezing down when it does re-freeze, probably a good idea to take them off for awhile. The mass exodus of fish houses by my house from St. Olaf the past couple days has been impressive.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I did pull my wheel house off just to get ready for thgis weekend fishing trip up north and eelpout, but what I do is put my wheel house on 3" blocks. When it gets worm like this I just check it to make sure I do not need to add more blocks.
I never had a problem doing this, I do have a freind that went out Sunday to move his house and he did not have blocks, and his fish house was almost 2" in the ice.
With a chainsaw and ice chipper he did get it free.  :bonk:
I'm one hour north of the city.
Last weekend I did fish three separate lakes, and did not have much water besides the landings.
One lake after moving the slush away from the hole it did fill up fast with water, about 3" above the ice.