Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trying to get back into it  (Read 1929 times)

Offline craftsman8

I've always liked fishing, but never really accumulated the equipment (vehicle) to do it with before moving far away from MN.  I'm back and am trying to get into it.  I don't know the lakes well but would love to fish evenings during the week from Fergus up to DL or anywhere within an hour's drive of Fargo.  I would also be willing to go further on the weekends for some panfishing.  I don't need a fish guarantee, but it would be so great to catch some fish.  If anyone can point me to some traditional areas where I should catch a few fish, I would really appreciate it.  Also, a good bait store that doesn't sell dead bait (yeah, I've been burned in Fargo with dead bait).

Thanks in advance and good luck.

Oh, by the way, LOW produced for us off Morris Point and I tried Eelpout for the first time! :newhere:
« Last Edit: February 02/11/09, 12:03:36 PM by craftsman8 »

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
well for your weekend trip i would say head to devils lake in ND try for them MONSTER perch. it would be a 2 1/2 hr drive but i think it would be worth it. i dont know of any spots though
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
if you are coming to Detroit Lakes look me up ill show you some places

Offline insanity tackle

• Outdoorsman
  • Creatin crazy stuff since 1999...actin crazy 4ever
Eagle Lake, By Frazee, Has been producing alot of fish.  Not all are eater size, but it does make for a fun day of fishing.  You never know what you are going to catch!  If you let me know a head of time if you are thinking of coming this direction I can point you in the right direction for some fun...(or at least some great bait  ;))

Offline lazy-ike Peb

• Outdoorsman
 If ya get down around new london  or spicer let me know I have a couple of good places but the best time is tue wed or thursdays :titanic: