Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Is this right?  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
So my brother and I were fishing on Phelps bay on Minnetonka tonight.  At the public access there are no parking signs when you pull in, but then the road makes a 90 degree turn and there are no signs saying you can't park there.  About 15 minutes after we get on the ice there is a cop writing my brother a ticket for parking.  He said that we could not park there without a trailer which is does say on the sign, but the sign is on a different road as far as I can tell.  He told my brother the only reason he was even there was because the residents call them whenever someone parks there.  Would you try to fight this ticket.  It is only a $34 fine so it is not really about the money, but I don't think it is right.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Take a couple pics and head on into wherever you pay the tickets. They should either take care of the ticket for you or make you pay. Not too much work to save $34.00.

Offline Adam

• Outdoorsman
I just got done reading the statute that I was ticketed for and it says you can not park at any place where official signs prohibit stopping, but the signs were on the other side of the access.? I just don't understand why people that live by there would care if someone parks at the public access I guess some people just have nothing better to do.? The statute is 169.34 if anyone wants to check it out.?