Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 1st annual MNO Spring Sporting Clays Fun Shoot  (Read 13285 times)

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well Pout the secret ingredient is.....secret.lol but the number of pocket gophers seem to go down every time I plan a batch

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
well im hoping its going to be a nice day out for the shoot and no  :snow5:

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be bringing 2 more with me, my dad and one of my younger brothers.  Any issues/concerns with that?
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats great!  The more the merrier for sure...

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
any idea of the time for the start or what i could bring.
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well i posted 10am for the start....they have raised prices this year but i think it gets cheaper with more people in the group.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone want to bring Hamburger buns?? or chips??

ill also bring paper plates and plastic forks, and napkins

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I said I'd bring the tomato salsa & dijon... ;)(ketchup & mustard) I'll get chips too.... Cody... any kind of a running total on how many are comming this weekend?  I believe Pat and maybe his son are shooting and eating also... Where's Grute at?  Wasnt he our grillmaster last year?  :chef: He did a great job... his shooting wasnt bad either! :whistling:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
my count is 6 or 7 a few down from last year.  :doah: i have contacted grute and he is out of town for awhile on a job so he wont be able to make it. i have a whole box of chips donated for the shoot from the church i work at, they just regular chips but there free  :king: so someone else needs to be our grillman.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
bad news it looks like we going to get a crappy day. a high of 50 degrees and a 50% chance of rain  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
well boys Im afraid Im going to have to back out,I just found out recently that I have a abdominal aortic aneurysm. I will have to have surgery in the next few weeks so will be taking it easy until then.I was looking forward to seeing everyone again but this cant be helped.I hope everyone has a great time and also hope everyone outshoots Cody(grins).Pout as I seem to be keeper of the beans I hereby appoint you to take over the bean dept . PM me and Ill send you the recipe

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear this Huntr... Wish ya the best!  I'll see what I can do with the beans... all we have around are squirrels and chipmunks though, but I'll make due.... Cody, did you call Wild Marsh to see about the grill?  Dont worry.... the weather will be fine... but thats what we said last year,eh? :whistling:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
yes i called and talked to them about the grills. they will be out but now its a 2 dollar charge to use them(no worrys). sorry to hear that you cant make it huntr maybe the next one. greg im hoping that the rain will hold off for awhile, gotta watch the news very carefully now :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
the rain went from a 50% chance to a 30% chance so thats a good thing and the weather went from the 40's to the high 50's low 60's so it looks like it will be a decent day out!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah may not be bad out... may have a few more for the shoot, Pat #2, & a friend of his....

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
What else do we need vittle wise? :scratch: who's got the buns? (insert joke here... ;D)  Cody, do we still need chips?  I got the thunderbeans ;D, ketchup & mustard.... Cody, make sure ya have burgers for like six per shooter. ;)JK  Do we need a role call to see whos gonna be there? 

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i have the chips. i can pick up buns also. yes a role call i think is in order

IF YOUR ATTENDING THE FUN SHOOT PLEASE LET US KNOW FOR SURE. SOUND OFF  :fudd: :fudd: :fudd:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Ummmmm... count me in. :scratch:  Meet at 10am in the lot... correct?  Im gonna try to get there a bit early.  Get the beans goin and such.  Pat & I thought we should pay out sponser fee tomorrow and if we do get a sponser, we'll just get reimbursed.  Hope all ya guys make it that said they were... otherwise we'll be eatin alot of burgers and beans! :surrender:

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:

I'm in for sure and my brother will also shoot.  My dad will be along for the sights and sounds and the the laughter of one of us missing....  See everyone tomorrow!!!!!
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to say I can't make it today. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I went and what a great time.  Good shooting, close misses, and good people to spend a few hours with.  Pleasure meeting all of you who attended.    :toast:

Looking forward to the August shoot and the 3rd Annual next Spring!!!!!   :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i had a great time meeting everyone.. everyoone did excellent on some very tough targets!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep... had a geat time also.  Nice meeting you, your dad & brother Big Red, you guys did very well for your first time doin a walk around clays course!... yeah they were some good targets werent they, with just enough "confidence builders" to keep ya from gettin too discouraged... :whistling:  Plus, I pulled out of my early season shooting slump.(slump is putting it mildly :doah:)  Which is good... :happy1: 

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah... Huntr, The beans turned out well... a few chipmunks gave their lives, but they were pretty darn tasty! 

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
Hmmmm chipmunks instead of gophers, way to go bobby flay lol