Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gear for Kids  (Read 9061 times)

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I think this would be a great help to get the kids into hunting and fishing. I have an idea that if you have some gear (Hunting or Fishing) that you would be willing to give to a kid. That would be great to help.  My thought would be to list what you have in this post and if some one has a kid or kids that want to get into hunting and fishing to give it to them. The best thing is when we have kids that grow out of the clothes to pass them on. I think it would be fair to ask for the shipping cost to send it to them ,  but I would like to see it for the kids and youth hunters and fishers. 

I just ask that it comes with no strings attached and that it is free. I ask that you use this forum to get the gear into the hands of kids who would otherwise not have a chance to get it on their own. (in other words, don't use this to get decoys for YOUR own kids so that you can use it )

I will start by saying I have one or two duck calls that I would be willing to give to a kid. I might also have a few carbon arrows (kids length).

Hope this helps out the youth.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/09, 08:36:15 PM by Pegg »
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Here is a picture of the arrows and the duck calls.

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This is a great idea. I will see what I have around the house when I get home.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That would be great  Schwinger.  I hope this helps a lot of kids.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am going to check to see what else I can give. I know there are some kids in need of hunting and fishing items. If you are looking for items for your kids you can post here too. You never know. What you list some one may have and be willing to give to a kid.  With today money is tight for a lot of people.

I am looking for hunting clothes for my son to be able to go with me this spring turkey and fall deer hunting. Sorry I forgot to add that he is 9 years old and a size 10 in boys. Or anything a little bigger. I can take it down a size or two. 
« Last Edit: March 03/21/09, 07:49:17 PM by Pegg »

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I am going to check to see what else I can give. I know there are some kids in need of hunting and fishing items. If you are looking for items for your kids you can post here too. You never know. What you list some one may have and be willing to give to a kid.  With today money is tight for a lot of people.

I am looking for hunting clothes for my son to be able to go with me this spring turkey and fall deer hunting.
It might be a good idea to note how old your kid/s are, and what size clothing.  :happy1:
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks JCAMERON. I forgot to add that.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
My single brother gave all 4 of my kids duck calls for x-mas.  It was a very loud party to say the least.  I would love to donate them but my kids would kill me. 

Great idea!!!  When my kids outgrow their stuff I will be passing there stuff onto other kids.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was hoping that this would go a little better then this. I know it is the off season ,but thought that with spring coming that people would do some spring cleaning. I would have more to give too , but just gave some items to hunting buddies kids.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/09, 10:11:13 PM by Pegg »

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i will list what i have when i get to it seeing as how our city pick up isn't for a month i haven't gotten to the cleaning part yet  :oops1: i'm kind of a procrastinator

Offline Peanut

• Outdoorsman
Being a kid I think this is a great idea

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Arrows are gone. I do still have the duck calls

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My daughter is going to give up her little pink fishing rod. (OK fine it is mine but don't tell.) I will get a picture up tonight or tomorrow of it.

I was hoping that mor people would be interested in this. I know it is kind out of season for it.

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
Since our daughter(peanut) is getting into archery. I was looking for a beginners bow and arrows if anyone has any.   Thanks :archery: :archery:

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
yea i have one of those little i think they are called brave bows i could be wrong and i think i still have the arrows how old is she its like a 15 or 20 lb draw
ps there will be more stuff i'm gonna get rid of so keep checking back

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Here is the picture of the little fishing rod. It is a pink Barbie by Shakespeare.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I might also have a few more arrows. I will have to check. They might not be fleached. But I will check around.

I still also have the two duck calls.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/09, 10:34:34 AM by Pegg »

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
She will be 11 on the 12th of May. Thanks that would be great.

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sry bena i gave it to a little neighbor kid since i just read this sry i'll keep my eyes open for another one or if he stops using it

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
Thanks that would be great. Her Birthday is coming up on the 12th of May so if anyone knows someone with a bow and arrows for a beginner that would be great!!! :happy1:

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I do have a few arrows but they need to be cut and fleched. I have to see if I have any blazer vanes left.

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
Thanks Pegg, just let me know.  :archery:

Offline kgauker7

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
while driving for work today we stopped at the cabelas in rogers (had to use the restroom ;)) i noticed a couple used brave bows for sale there ik its not much help especially since i don't know where you live but its an option if your close to there

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
I live by Alexandria so that is a little bit of a drive. But thanks for the head's up and will keep that in mind. Thanks for everyone's help. :happy1:

Offline Phishnchick

• Outdoorsman
This is a great idea.  We have three growing kids so I will take a look around and see what we have.  What a great way to get more use out of stuff!

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That is the way I looked at it. I hope we can get more kids out doors and have fun.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Still have the duck calls and little fishing rod.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Duck calls and fishing rod are gone. I am still looking for some camo for my son who is 10 years old. Let me know what you have.

Thanks
Pegg

Offline Bena

• Outdoorsman
I am loking for a 2 man camo tent for my newphew. So if anyone knows about one or know where I can get one under $30. Please let me know :happy1:          Brenda