Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer hunter pleads guilty to harassment and overlimit  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
DNR NEWS – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 19, 2009

Deer hunter pleads guilty to harassment and overlimit

A Crosby man recently pleaded guilty to taking an overlimit of deer and hunter harassment.

Roy P. Thatcher, 40, had his hunting privileges revoked for three years and was ordered to pay nearly $1,300 in fines and restitution for his actions.

Thatcher also had his rifle confiscated and was sentenced to 30 days jail, stayed for one year if doesn’t commit similar violations.

Thatcher was accused of stealing a tree stand, leaving a threatening note on a stand on what he claimed was his private property, and taking an additional deer during the firearm deer season. The incidents occurred in November 2008 at Crow Wing State Forest. 

Anyone who witnesses a game or fish violation in Minnesota can report the incident to the state's Turn in Poachers hotline at (800) 652-9093.

« Last Edit: March 03/19/09, 09:14:52 PM by Tim »

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Good.  I do not understand this menaces way of thinking. Harass someone for hunting on land he has no jurisdiction over in order to poach?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline jamieheiden

• Outdoorsman
It is nice to see someone get what is coming to them.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree jamie, I just wished the punishment was more severe-not just with this instance, but with all poaching crimes. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I hope he screws up in jal. Make it an even year. That should do the trick.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I agree jamie, I just wished the punishment was more severe-not just with this instance, but with all poaching crimes. 
Agreed. I would like to see all hunting privileges revoked indefinitely, these people really aren't sportsman.   
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope.... not a sportsman in any sense of the word... just a poacher and a thief!