Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Walleye action!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Ace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Ace Guide Service
Hey Yo,
The spring Walleye action on Vermilion has been hot since the opener.  Limits have been the norm for many anglers the last several days.

Lindy rigs tipped with a chub minnow, jigs, cranks and sip bobber rigs, have all been very effective at the right time and place.  Most of my midday fish are coming on Lindys, out in the main lake.  Early and late in the day, I have found them in shallow water using a slip bobber, or pitching jigs along the shoreline breaks.

Have a great holiday weekend everybody!  Looks like the sun will be shinning all weekend up here in the northland. :dancinred:

"Ace" :happy1:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace Guide Service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Muskies and More.
Member Lake Vermilion guides league
www.aceguideservice.com
(218) 753-2612

Pro staff.
Ace muskie leaders
www.h2otackle.com
www.glittertail.com
www.ducktaillures.com
www.hawgseekers.com

Offline Ace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Ace Guide Service
Hey Yo,
The Walleye fishing continues to be very good on the Big V this week.  Mainlake flats and transition areas have been my go to locations, during the middle of the day. 

Lindy rigs tipped with a chub minnow, have been by far the most productive presenation.
I have also been doing pretty weel on a slip bobber rig in the evening.  Shoreline breaks and points have been the best locations, for some late evening Walleye action on a bobber.

There are a lot of small males to weed through, however we have had little trouble finding enough 14 to 16 inch fish for the frying pan.  Minnows have been far more effective that leeches  so far this spring.  I have only had a couple fish on leeches so I'm sticking to the minnows until things change.

Have a great week everybody and please remember to put some back. :fishing:

"Ace" :happy1:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace Guide Service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Muskies and More.
Member Lake Vermilion guides league
www.aceguideservice.com
(218) 753-2612

Pro staff.
Ace muskie leaders
www.h2otackle.com