Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Crane Lake and Sandpoint report, anybody catching fish?  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Looking for any good reports...might have to make a day trip

Thanks, Chuck
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome to the forum Bufflehead!

Sorry I do not have a report for you on Crane and Sandpoint.? I looked high and low and was not able to find one anywhere.

All I know is it is a beautiful time of the year to be out on the water and wish I was able to be there.? I would think that Big Grassy Bay on Sandpoint should be holding some crappies.? That may be a thing to try.?

If you get up there please let us know how you did.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
My experience with those lakes this time of year - especially Kab and Namakan and Rainy - is the fish are deep. But they are there. And I mean as deep as 40 - 60 feet. Pretty much need bottom bouncers to get down to them. I think that is  somewhat less true for Crane and Sandpoint, but I haven't fished those two lakes as much in the last 5 or 6 years.

I've fished those lakes a fair amount in September and it took me a while to figure out how deep the fish were. And that includes crappies too which can be very deep this time of year.

It's such a great time to be up there though. Spectacular bright night skies and some amazing northern lights.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline mikelsc18

Hi fishing on crane lake always a mystery since not alot of the locals fish crane sand point has been slow  but david lake off of sand point has been producing some nice lake trout as has lac le croix if needing a report call voyagaire lodge in crane lake mn 1-218-993-2266

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO mikelsc18

Thanks for posting up some info.

I have been watching the Crane Lake web cam for the last several weeks. Looks like they are finally getting alittle snow and the ice conditions are improving by the trail reports

Might have to take a trip up and go riding for a day

Thanks again...Bifflehead

P.S. Tell your friends to come check us out here at MNO...the more the merrier

« Last Edit: January 01/16/07, 01:14:45 PM by Bufflehead »
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
"Bifflehead"  ;)

I would love to join you for a ride up there sometime.  I have been there several times in the summer, but never on snowmachine.

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
 Maybe we can get together up there sometime Doc....summer or winter don't matter to me

On the snowmobile, I could show you that back country lake I want to put a winter fishing/camping trip too

Idea? HMmmmmm ;)

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That sounds very interesting.  It has been a very long time since I have been winter camping.  I just happen to have a Cabela's Xtreme weather tent and a ton of other camping gear.  I could not do it this winter, but I would love to scout it out for next year maybe!

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
My thoughts exactly Bob

Next year for me too

Offline Fishahollik

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not yet, because I ain't there yet. But lemme tell you. May 23rd thru the 28th, the fish are in TROUBLE!
"When asked what man has done in his life, I can say,' I was in the United States Navy'" JFK

I am member #297

Offline Fishahollik

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
"When asked what man has done in his life, I can say,' I was in the United States Navy'" JFK

I am member #297