Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where would you go?  (Read 2801 times)

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I just compleated a perm. fish house that I have been working on all summer! It is totaly awesome and I am jacked to use it this winter! The only problem is that we can't decide what lake to put it on. Here are the stipulations - Has to be close to St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids (so it'll get used) - Has to have a fishable Walleye population (it is a sleeper house) - That's it. So - Where would you go?
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
How close is close?   :scratch:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I have a perm on Mille Lacs and love it. I pay the extra to have it open in the summer as well. It's like having a cabin on the lake. For me, no matter what lake I put it on, that's what I would look for, a resort where you can use it in the summer as well.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I would agree with Mille Lacs.  It is fairly close to St. Cloud and probably has a pretty good population of Walleye, maybe they don't always bite, but they are there.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 If you want check  west of St.cloud  there are alot of good lakes around.  Big Birch  swan   little birch  oterwise sauk centre area has alot of options as well or alexandria area.  Being in st.cloud your almost in the center no matter which way you go theres great fishing around.

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Thanks for the opinions. I do make it to Mille Lacs a few times/winter but I would like to have it close enought that I could use it for a partial day/after work. I't takes me about 1 1/2 hrs to be on Mille lacs witch isn't that bad, but I am going to have my first child in mid December so every extra hour counts. I havn't spent a lot of time on the horse shoe chain but thought about it for a possability. Also, a lot of people are telling me Clearwater lake, but that lake has never been good to me. Any other suggestions?
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
minnewaska... hands down.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I agree minnewaska has some awesome fishing. Depends on how far you want travel I know I be on waska for sure this winter :happy1:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Koronis maybe. I don't know the lake myself but have been there a couple times with decent luck.

It should be round 1/2 hour from cloud.

Maybe rice. Don't know what the walleye population is like but I have had some dandy crappie fishing in there a couple yrs back.
« Last Edit: November 11/05/09, 06:42:31 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep, Minnewaska.

Offline Russell

Horseshoe is a good lake for eyes, and they will bite at night if the water is clear. Rice has some nice fishing and they are pretty easy to find. I have never fished Clearwater through the ice, but plan to hit it this winter.  I never found much in the summer but I think I could fish the structure better in the winter.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Don't put it on Mille Lacs.. The winter fishing is horrible and always has been. Sure there are a few that do good but the majority don't. And....if you are not mobile your wasting your time.